(Washington, DC) – The Metro transit agency has removed 94 of its buses from service following at least two bus fires in recent days. The latest fire happened yesterday morning on Route 50 in Maryland. No one was hurt. Metro spokesman Dan Stessel says the buses that have been sidelined are the Orion-Six series. Just last Thursday, there was another fire that broke out on an Orion series bus as it was travelling on I-66 in Fairfax. Metro General Manager Richard Sarles says “Safety is our highest priority, and this is a prudent step until we fully understand the cause.”
- How To Fix Your Credit [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Kelly Rowland On Playing ‘Dirty Laundry’ For Beyonce & Breaking Down on Stage in DC [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- The Cutest Photos Of The Obamas
- You Voted, Now See Your Top 5 Favorite Rappers of All Time
- Vote For The Best Rihanna Song!
- Police Looking For NW DC Robbery Suspect