Gabrielle Douglas, also known as “The Flying Squirrel” won big in the Summer 2012 London Olympics today. Representing for the U.S.A., the 16-year-old Virginia Beach native earned the gold medal in women’s gymnastics all-around. LA Times reports:
Douglas earned her second Olympic gold medal and became the first African-American Olympics all-around gold medalist by performing with ferocious power, high-flying aerial tricks on the uneven bars, a smartly cautious balance beam display and, finally, a joyfully exuberant tumbling romp on the floor exercise mat.
The high-flying teen finished with a score of 15.033 and leaped into her coach’s arms when she found out her score. Kudos to her!
- Lunch Break Mix! Thursday Edition 8/2/12
- Come and Join The 6th Annual Sickle Cell 5k Walk
- Mimi And Stevie J. Talk Joseline And Her Pregnancy
- WATCH: Honors English, “Palin & Bachman” [VIDEO PREMIERE]
- Beyoncé Shopping Documentary To Hollywood
Upcoming Concerts In DC [GALLERY]