“Flying Squirrel” Gabrielle Douglas, who continues to wow spectators with her riveting moves that contributed to her gymnastic team’s gold medal win, has been caught up in a firestorm. The controversy, though, has nothing to do with her brilliant performance at this year’s Olympics, but with her hairstyle, according to the Huffington Post.
After Douglas’ big win, instead of congratulatory pats on the back, an onslaught of folks took to Twitter and complained about her hair looking unkempt:
In Olympic news, why hasn’t anyone tried to fix Gabby Douglas’ hair?
12:05 PM – 29 Jul 12 via Echofon · Details
on another note, gabby douglas gotta do something with this hair! these clips and this brown gel residue aint [sic] it!7:46 PM – 27 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details
- Gabrielle Douglas Wins Gold Medal In Women’s Gymnastics All-Around
- Mariah Carey Releases ‘Triumphant’ feat. Rick Ross & Meek Mill
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Gymnast Gabrielle Douglas
- Lunch Break Mix! Thursday Edition 8/2/12
- Come and Join The 6th Annual Sickle Cell 5k Walk