Not only is today Chuck Brown’s birthday but it’s also Chuck Brown Day in the District declared by Mayor Vincent Gray. Mayor Gray proposed this commemorative day at the godfather of go-go’s home-going along with a park to honor Chuck Brown’s legacy.
The Washington Post reports:
The park will comprise the western portion of what is now Langdon Park in the namesake Northeast neighborhood. The early renderings contemplate rehabbing an amphitheater on the premises, with a statue of Brown prominently placed near the stage. New landscaping would surround the amphitheater.
The Post also states:
Doxie McCoy, a Gray administration spokeswoman, said the city recently solicited proposals for the park. The cost and timeline will depend on the responses it receives, and the renderings released today are merely “possible choices” rather than a final layout.
Here is a view of what the park will look like:
- New Music: Brandy Releases ‘Wildest Dreams’
- Album Of The Week: Chapter V
- Have You Seen This Missing Maryland Teen?
- Lunch Break Mix! Tuesday “MARY J. BLIGE” Edition 8/21/12
- THE DMV: Phz-Sicks -Success/Failure feat Scolla [VIDEO]