The cover art for Aaliyah‘s posthumous album, Aaliyah, was revealed by her uncle/CEO of Blackground Records–Barry Hankerson–via Twitter. The visual is an image of the songstress as she swam to the surface in her last video “Rock The Boat.”
The album has caused some controversy between Drake, who is producing it, and her former team–Missy Elliott and Timbaland. They insist they aren’t involved with the collection despite Drake’s adamant claims that he is including everyone on the project.
“Aaliyah posthumous 2013 16 unreleased tracks produced by @Drake @OVO40 Enough said” #TeamAaliyah,” tweeted her family member.
- 100-Year-Old Motorist Crashes Caddie Into Elementary School Injuring 11
- Which “Basketball Wives LA” Cast Member’s Boyfriend Has A Baby On The Way?
- Yahoo News Fires D.C. Bureau Chief For Romney Remarks At RNC
- Celebrities React To The Death Of Chris Lighty
- SMH! Sherman Hemsley Still Not Buried
1. Fantasia: After Party & Birthday Celebration1 of 12
2. Kelis2 of 12
3. Katy Perry- The Prismatic World Tour3 of 12
4. Boyz II Men4 of 12
5. Dj Lo Down Loretta Brown AKA Eryka Badu Official After Party5 of 12
6. Jay-Z and Beyonce- On The Run Tour6 of 12
7. Future- The Honest Tour with Rico Love, Que and Bando Jonez7 of 12
8. August Alsina- Testimony Live8 of 12
9. Dipset9 of 12
10. Wiz Khalifa, Young Jeezy, Tyga & More- Under the Influence of Music Tour10 of 12
11. Lauryn Hill, Janielle Monae & More- Summer Music Festival11 of 12
12. Marvin Sapp- Praise in the Park12 of 12