As if her star wasn’t rising enough, Azealia Banks has confirmed reports of a collaboration between she and Lady Gaga. The Harlem-bred emcee made the revelation on the red carpet of the GQ Men of the Year Awards 2012 in London. Banks said that she has recorded a song with the mega pop star and is hopeful that it will be included on Gaga’s forthcoming ARTPOP project.
Speaking to Capital FM, Azealia explained: “Yeah, I worked on a song for her. I don’t know if it will make her record. I hope it will make her record, but we’ll wait and see.”
And while there have been rumors of her working with another pop sensation, Rihanna, Banks noted, “No, I haven’t done a record for Rihanna. I’d like to, but I haven’t.”
Currently, Banks is recording her debut album, Broke With Expensive Taste, set for release in February 2013.
She recently released the video for the title track of her 1991 EP:
Find us on Facebook!
- Hip-Hop & R&B Winning Weekend
- Oldest Living Couple Gives Great Relationship Advice
- Rihanna & Chris Brown KISS At VMAs [VIDEO]
- Lunch Break Mix! Friday Edition 09/07/12
- Majic 102.3′s “In The Community” Airs This Sunday, September 9th, 2012
Your Favorite Celebs (Nearly) NAKED! [PHOTOS]