The Godfather of go-go Chuck Brown’s home going brought hundredsof residents to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to celebrate his life and legacy earlier today. Many notables were in attendance, including Councilman Marion Barry, Doug E. Fresh, Mike Epps, Raheem DeVaughn, and others.
Mayor Vincent Gray, Congresswoman Eleanor H. Norton and Chairman Kwame Brown were also present. These three D.C. heavy-weights wanted to make sure Brown was not remembered just for his upbeat music, but also for his significant role in the community.
Stay tuned for more photos…
- The Best Advice From Some Of The Richest Black People In The World
- Empire Season Premiere Viewing Party @ Howard Theatre
- Getting to Know Pope Francis (Photos)
- 20 Hilarious Drake & Future “What A Time To Be Alive” Memes [PHOTOS]
- RED CARPET RECAP: 2015 Emmy Awards
- 22 Reasons To Wife Lira Galore [PHOTOS]
- Famous, Black, & Republican