The Godfather of go-go Chuck Brown’s home going brought hundredsof residents to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to celebrate his life and legacy earlier today. Many notables were in attendance, including Councilman Marion Barry, Doug E. Fresh, Mike Epps, Raheem DeVaughn, and others.
Mayor Vincent Gray, Congresswoman Eleanor H. Norton and Chairman Kwame Brown were also present. These three D.C. heavy-weights wanted to make sure Brown was not remembered just for his upbeat music, but also for his significant role in the community.
Stay tuned for more photos…
- Fave Five Fridays: BlackPlanet Radio Stations [GALLERY]
- Sevyn Streeter Takes Over Howard Theatre [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
- Funny Valentine’s Cards From Your Favorite Celebs
- Delta Sigma Theta Hosts 22nd Annual Woman to Woman Conference At Howard University
- Bob Marley
- Robin Thicke Live At The Hamilton [EXCLUSIVE]