The Godfather of go-go Chuck Brown’s home going brought hundredsof residents to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to celebrate his life and legacy earlier today. Many notables were in attendance, including Councilman Marion Barry, Doug E. Fresh, Mike Epps, Raheem DeVaughn, and others.
Mayor Vincent Gray, Congresswoman Eleanor H. Norton and Chairman Kwame Brown were also present. These three D.C. heavy-weights wanted to make sure Brown was not remembered just for his upbeat music, but also for his significant role in the community.
Stay tuned for more photos…
- 15 Times Ava DuVernay Proved She’s A Budding Fashion Icon
- Queen For A Day Gallery
- The 2015 Academy Awards: Who Wore It Best?
- Red Carpet Rundown: The 2015 Oscars
- You Better Sang: The Most Incredible ‘American Idol’ Auditions Of All Time
- Nicki Minaj & Meek Mill Go Public with Relationship at All-Star Weekend [PHOTOS]
- How Our Favorite Bloggers Spend NYFW