The Godfather of go-go Chuck Brown’s home going brought hundredsof residents to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to celebrate his life and legacy earlier today. Many notables were in attendance, including Councilman Marion Barry, Doug E. Fresh, Mike Epps, Raheem DeVaughn, and others.
Mayor Vincent Gray, Congresswoman Eleanor H. Norton and Chairman Kwame Brown were also present. These three D.C. heavy-weights wanted to make sure Brown was not remembered just for his upbeat music, but also for his significant role in the community.
Stay tuned for more photos…
- Mayor For Life Marion Barry Chats With EZ Street
- Brown Beauties Who Stunned In Oscar De La Renta
- 20 Style Tips We Learned From Beyonce
- Don’t Try It: Problematic Halloween Costumes You Should Never (Ever) Wear
- Show Your Sleeves in Fall’s Hottest Coat Trend
- Celebs Joining The Fight Against Ebola
- Terrible Sports Injuries