The Godfather of go-go Chuck Brown’s home going brought hundredsof residents to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to celebrate his life and legacy earlier today. Many notables were in attendance, including Councilman Marion Barry, Doug E. Fresh, Mike Epps, Raheem DeVaughn, and others.
Mayor Vincent Gray, Congresswoman Eleanor H. Norton and Chairman Kwame Brown were also present. These three D.C. heavy-weights wanted to make sure Brown was not remembered just for his upbeat music, but also for his significant role in the community.
Stay tuned for more photos…
- B.O.B. Visits 93.9 WKYS [PHOTOS]
- Not Always For Laughs: The Most Important Memes About The Ferguson Decision
- Public Reaction To Mike Brown Verdict In Ferguson
- Social Media Reacts To The Grand Jury Announcement In Ferguson
- Ferguson Grand Jury Sparks Nationwide Protests & Riots From Frustrated Citizens [PHOTOS]
- 25 Of The Best Black TV Shows Of All Time
- 2014 American Music Awards: The Best & Worst Dressed