The Godfather of go-go Chuck Brown’s home going brought hundredsof residents to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to celebrate his life and legacy earlier today. Many notables were in attendance, including Councilman Marion Barry, Doug E. Fresh, Mike Epps, Raheem DeVaughn, and others.
Mayor Vincent Gray, Congresswoman Eleanor H. Norton and Chairman Kwame Brown were also present. These three D.C. heavy-weights wanted to make sure Brown was not remembered just for his upbeat music, but also for his significant role in the community.
Stay tuned for more photos…
- 21 Of The Coolest Sweatshirts Ever
- Celebrities with Mental Health Disorders
- Walk To End HIV 2014 In Honor Of Sheila Stewart [PHOTOS]
- Reality TV Ruined My Life
- School’s in Session: Mommy Bloggers You Should Be Following
- October 22nd Coalition Protest in N.Y.C.
- Mayor For Life Marion Barry Chats With EZ Street