The Godfather of go-go Chuck Brown’s home going brought hundredsof residents to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to celebrate his life and legacy earlier today. Many notables were in attendance, including Councilman Marion Barry, Doug E. Fresh, Mike Epps, Raheem DeVaughn, and others.
Mayor Vincent Gray, Congresswoman Eleanor H. Norton and Chairman Kwame Brown were also present. These three D.C. heavy-weights wanted to make sure Brown was not remembered just for his upbeat music, but also for his significant role in the community.
Stay tuned for more photos…
- The 9 Films From Sundance 2015 We’re Most Excited About
- 15 Black Models You Should Know
- FAB FINDS: Rep Your Superbowl Team with Cute Athletic Gear
- Amber Rose’s Sizzling Hot Vacation Pics
- Happy Founder’s Day: Our Favorite Celebrity AKAs
- 25 Cold Weather Pieces For Bundling Up In Style
- Baltimore Ravens Playoff Party