The Godfather of go-go Chuck Brown’s home going brought hundredsof residents to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to celebrate his life and legacy earlier today. Many notables were in attendance, including Councilman Marion Barry, Doug E. Fresh, Mike Epps, Raheem DeVaughn, and others.
Mayor Vincent Gray, Congresswoman Eleanor H. Norton and Chairman Kwame Brown were also present. These three D.C. heavy-weights wanted to make sure Brown was not remembered just for his upbeat music, but also for his significant role in the community.
Stay tuned for more photos…
- 25 Sparkly Heels Perfect For Holiday Parties
- 20 Gift Ideas To Help You Jumpstart Your BFF’s Fitness New Year’s Resolutions In Style
- 25 Christmas Spirits That Will Deck Your Halls
- #MillionsMarch In New York, DC & Chicago
- National March Against Police Violence in DC [PHOTOS]
- 10 Bloggers Styling in Sequins
- 18 Times Black Twitter Owned The Internet In 2014