The Godfather of go-go Chuck Brown’s home going brought hundredsof residents to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to celebrate his life and legacy earlier today. Many notables were in attendance, including Councilman Marion Barry, Doug E. Fresh, Mike Epps, Raheem DeVaughn, and others.
Mayor Vincent Gray, Congresswoman Eleanor H. Norton and Chairman Kwame Brown were also present. These three D.C. heavy-weights wanted to make sure Brown was not remembered just for his upbeat music, but also for his significant role in the community.
Stay tuned for more photos…
- 20 Unforgettable Celebrities Who Died Too Young
- Meek Mill Gets Ripped By Twitter With #BackToBack Memes
- Celebrities Take To Social Media To Remember Bobbi Kristina
- This Week’s Celebrity Instagram (7/18-7/24)
- 17 Photos Of Meagan Good Back In The Day
- 25 Times Jennifer Lopez Proved She’s The Baddest Woman On The Planet
- 20 Times Michelle Williams Embodied Black Beauty