The Godfather of go-go Chuck Brown’s home going brought hundredsof residents to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to celebrate his life and legacy earlier today. Many notables were in attendance, including Councilman Marion Barry, Doug E. Fresh, Mike Epps, Raheem DeVaughn, and others.
Mayor Vincent Gray, Congresswoman Eleanor H. Norton and Chairman Kwame Brown were also present. These three D.C. heavy-weights wanted to make sure Brown was not remembered just for his upbeat music, but also for his significant role in the community.
Stay tuned for more photos…
- Black & Proud: 32 Mixed Celebrities Who Identify As Black
- The Many Women Of Charlie Sheen
- Pray For Paris: 14 Heartbreaking Photos Following The Attacks
- The Women Of Color Who Walked In The 2015 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
- 13 Of Teyana Taylor & Iman Shumpert’s Cutest Couple Moments
- Ciara & Russell Wilson’s Mexican Getaway
- Kardashians & Friends Celebrate Kris Jenner’s 60th Birthday Party, Gatsby Style