The Godfather of go-go Chuck Brown’s home going brought hundredsof residents to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to celebrate his life and legacy earlier today. Many notables were in attendance, including Councilman Marion Barry, Doug E. Fresh, Mike Epps, Raheem DeVaughn, and others.
Mayor Vincent Gray, Congresswoman Eleanor H. Norton and Chairman Kwame Brown were also present. These three D.C. heavy-weights wanted to make sure Brown was not remembered just for his upbeat music, but also for his significant role in the community.
Stay tuned for more photos…
- HU Nation’s Classic Kickoff Festival [PHOTOS]
- HU Nation’s Classic Kickoff Rally With Miguel & Mack Wilds [PHOTOS]
- 21 Times Nicki Minaj Looked Normal And It Was Amazing
- The Stars Align For The ‘Love & Hip Hop Hollywood’ Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G-Unit Meet & Greet at 93.9 WKYS [PHOTOS]
- August Alsina Testimony Live Concert @ The Fillmore
- Twitter Reaction of NFL Players After Ray Rice Video Emerges