The Godfather of go-go Chuck Brown’s home going brought hundredsof residents to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to celebrate his life and legacy earlier today. Many notables were in attendance, including Councilman Marion Barry, Doug E. Fresh, Mike Epps, Raheem DeVaughn, and others.
Mayor Vincent Gray, Congresswoman Eleanor H. Norton and Chairman Kwame Brown were also present. These three D.C. heavy-weights wanted to make sure Brown was not remembered just for his upbeat music, but also for his significant role in the community.
Stay tuned for more photos…
- FAB FINDS: 25 Ways To Rock Denim From Head-To-Toe
- LeBron Calls Out Obama + 25 More Celebs Who Took The #ALSIceBucketChallenge
- Hands Up, Don’t Shoot: Ferguson Sparks A Social Photo Protest
- #NMOS14 In Houston
- Mike Brown Shooting Aftermath In Ferguson [PHOTOS]
- 1992 Men’s Olympic Basketball Dream Team
- Meet The Real Nicki Minaj & Find Out What Makes Her Cry