The Godfather of go-go Chuck Brown’s home going brought hundredsof residents to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center to celebrate his life and legacy earlier today. Many notables were in attendance, including Councilman Marion Barry, Doug E. Fresh, Mike Epps, Raheem DeVaughn, and others.
Mayor Vincent Gray, Congresswoman Eleanor H. Norton and Chairman Kwame Brown were also present. These three D.C. heavy-weights wanted to make sure Brown was not remembered just for his upbeat music, but also for his significant role in the community.
Stay tuned for more photos…
- 93.9 WKYS Sevyn Streeter Day Spa [PHOTOS ]
- The Prettiest Motherf*cking Photos Of A$AP Rocky
- Fix Your Feed: Foodies To Follow On Instagram
- Devon and Leah Still Family Photo Album [MUST SEE]
- 10 Black Women Designers You Should Know
- Because Of Them We Can: Women Who Paved The Way
- Rihanna Delivers Fashion Fantasy In Harper’s Bazaar China [PHOTOS]