A few months ago, Whitney Houston’s mother, singer Cissy Houston, announced plans to write a memoir centered on her experiences raising her legendary daughter. Cissy claimed the book would “set the record straight” about her daughter’s career and death. Now Cissy’s publisher, HarperCollins, has revealed that the as-yet-untitled memoir is scheduled for release on Feb. 15, 2013.
In a statement, Houston said she hopes the book gives fans a “deeper understanding into my daughter’s true story.” She also writes: ”When I lost my daughter Nippy, the world lost one of the most beautiful voices and an extraordinarily beautiful and charitable woman.”
Not much is known as to how deep Cissy may tackle Whitney Houston’s longtime battles with substance abuse. Indeed, Houston drowned accidentally in the bathtub of a Beverly Hills hotel room on Feb. 11. Medical officials would later confirm that the 48-year-old had cocaine in her system at the time of her death. They also acknowledged that Whitney suffered from heart disease, which played a role in her death.
Like us on Facebook!
- tabi Bonney Releases New Visual Featuring His Dad, Itadi Bonney
- 13-Year-Old Shot Dead By His White, 75-Year-Old Nextdoor Neighbor
- Nicki Minaj “I Don’t Have To Show Anyone Sh*t”
- “This Would Be Easier To Explain If You Were In Rehab”, “Single Ladies” [RECAP]
- Nicki Minaj Goes Off On Funkmaster Flex [AUDIO]