During an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Belafonte expressed his disappointment with the way blacks in Hollywood have represented the race.
“They have not told the history of our people, nothing of who we are. We are still looking. We are not determinated. We are not driven by some technology that says you can kill Afghans, the Iraqis or the Spanish. It is all — excuse my French — shit. It is sad. And I think one of the great abuses of this modern time is that we should have had such high-profile artists, powerful celebrities. But they have turned their back on social responsibility. That goes for Jay-Z and Beyonce, for example. Give me Bruce Springsteen, and now you’re talking. I really think he is black”
Like us on Facebook!
- Elle Varner Talks About Her New Movement: Hug Life [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- #KYSCutie Of The Day: @AlanaPR_Marie
- Redskins Pre-Season: Get a First Look at RG3 and 2012 Team
- Young Jeezy Gets A New Role At Atlantic Records
- 87-Year-Old Detroit Grandma Carjacked In Broad Day Light
Harry Belafonte: Beyonce & Jay-Z “Have Turned Their Back On Social Responsibility” was originally published on theurbandaily.com