Beyonce, Ambassador of World Humanitarian Day 2012, commanded the General Assembly Hall of the United Nations during a heartfelt performance of “I Was Here.” The inspirational tune, selected from her most recent album 4, is the event’s theme song.
“I was here. I lived. I loved. … I want to leave my mark so everyone knows I was here,” sings a radiant Beyonce in a sparkling white gown.
The visuals, directed by Kenzo Digital and Sophie Miller, include disasters images from across the world and the faces of workers, who donated their time to help others.
Watch the video, below:
To get involved in World Humanitarian Day, visit whd-iwashere.org.
Like us on Facebook!
- Spike Lee Explains How He Really Feels About Tyler Perry [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Tyga Shoots Down Engagement Rumors
- Keyshia Cole Talks Life As Basketball Wife
- Gabby Douglas Books Top Stylist To Help Her With Her ‘Do’
- Tiny Launching Late Night Talk Show With VH1
Beyonce Debuts “I Was Here” Video For World Humanitarian Day was originally published on hellobeautiful.com