Last night was The 85th Academy Awards. An annual award show recognizing the best movies, and those in them, for the year. The show was hosted by Seth MacFarlane, who did an outstanding job for his first time hosting. Filled with jokes, and amazing performances from Adele, Jennifer Hudson, cast of ‘Les Miserables’, and others, The Oscars lasted three hours and thirty minutes. First Lady, Michelle Obama, made a via satellite appearance, to present the award for ‘Best Picture’. If you missed the show, here are the winners from the top categories.
- Best Picture– Argo
- Best Actor– Daniel Day-Lewis (‘Lincoln’)
- Best Actress– Jennifer Lawrence (‘Silver Linings Playbook’)
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role– Christoph Waltz (‘Django Unchained’)
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role– Anne Hathaway (‘Les Miserables’)
- Animated Feature Film– ‘Brave’
- Directing– Ang Lee (‘Life Of Pi’)
- Writing Original Screenplay– Quentin Tarantino (‘Django Unchained’)
Check out more winners of The 85th Academy Awards, click here.
Although ‘Lincoln’ was nominated for a whopping 12 categories, ‘Life Of Pi’ walked away with four golden statues (I’m going to have to catch this movie).
The 85th Academy Awards was a great, but long show. The hosting of Seth MacFarlane, and personally feel he should be asked to host for the 86th Academy Awards next February. Although my majority of my bias picks didn’t win (lol), I enjoyed the show.
Follow ME on Twitter/Instagram @REDalert__