- Chile salt, for coating glass rim and flavoring
- 4 or 5 sprigs cilantro
- 2 ounces watermelon juice (see below)
- 2 ounces 100 percent agave tequila, preferably blanco
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup (see below)
Make the watermelon juice
- Scoop flesh from a ripe seedless watermelon, puree it in a blender until liquefied, and strain it through a fine-mesh sieve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for no more than a day or two
Make agave Syrup
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup warm water
- Mix together and strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a glass container with an airtight top. Store in the refrigerator. It should last indefinitely.
- Rub glass rims with a lemon wedge before dipping them in this salt to coat.
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, paprika, cayenne, and chili powder, mixing well.
Also On 93.9 WKYS: