- 4 large, ripe garden tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into coarse chunks
- 1/3 loaf crusty Italian bread
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 1 tbs olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add 1/2 tbs olive oil and chopped zucchini. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook zucchini until slightly charred, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and toss with balsamic vinegar. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, tear or cut bread into large chunks. Warm a small skillet over medium heat and add remaining 1/2 tbs olive oil, bread, and salt and pepper. Toast bread chunks until golden brown, tossing frequently, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cut tomatoes into large chunks and toss to combine with zucchini and bread. Top with basil and serve – enjoy!
Also On 93.9 WKYS: