Vogue Magazine is trying really hard to get with the times these days. The magazine has announced that it will be making a larger effort to bring more diversity to its glossy pages for 2016.
For the January 2016 issue, Anna Wintour, Vogue’s editor-in-chief, writes about the publication’s efforts to be more open to celebrating beauty and innovation in people of all shapes, colors and sizes:
All of the many progressive societal changes that we have experienced recently are pointing us to a place of far greater inclusiveness, tolerance and diversity…So instead of our typical January portfolio defining the new season’s direction, we decided to do something completely different this year, something that reflects not only the spring 2016 runways but the shifting times we live in.
Swedish Actress Alicia Vikander from Ex Machina (2015), The Man from U.N.C.L.E. is Vogue’s cover girl for January 2016. Inside is a feature photographed by Mikael Jansson that profiles musicians, athletes, artists, writers, dancers and models like Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes, Abraham Attah of “Beasts of No Nation”, transgender actress Hari Nef of “Transparent” and French tennis player Alize Lim.
Wintour’s efforts in this are cute and all, but I’m not impressed. Isn’t it kind of 2000-and-late to be saying your mission is to promote diversity in media? I stopped taking them seriously when they played Lebron James by making him pose like King Kong in that infamous magazine cover with Gisele Bundchen from 2008.
I’ll pick up an issue if the cover is appealing enough but this announcement isn’t enough to encourage me to actually subscribe next year.
Rihanna Reveals Her Nipples On Lui Magazine + More Swoonworthy Pics From Her Vogue Brazil Spread
1. Rihanna Covers Lui MagazineSource: 1 of 17
2. Rihanna In Lui MagazineSource: 2 of 17
3. Rihanna In Lui MagazineSource: 3 of 17
4. Rihanna In Lui MagazineSource: 4 of 17
5. Rihanna In Vogue BrazilSource: 5 of 17
6. Rihanna In Vogue BrazilSource: 6 of 17
7. Rihanna In Vogue BrazilSource: 7 of 17
8. Rihanna In Vogue BrazilSource: 8 of 17
9. Rihanna In Vogue BrazilSource: 9 of 17
10. Rihanna In Vogue BrazilSource: 10 of 17
11. Rihanna In Vogue BrazilSource: 11 of 17
12. Rihanna In Vogue BrazilSource: 12 of 17
13. Rihanna In Vogue BrazilSource: 13 of 17
14. Rihanna In Vogue BrazilSource: 14 of 17
15. Rihanna In Vogue BrazilSource: 15 of 17
16. Rihanna In Vogue BrazilSource: 16 of 17
17. screen-shot-2014-04-29-at-12-38-36-pmRihanna In Vogue BrazilSource: 17 of 17
Vogue Enters The New Millennium, Decides Diversity Is A Thing For 2016 was originally published on hellobeautiful.com