Just when you thought you were ready for President Barack Obama to leave office, the internet finds a clever way to fondly miss the president.
The trending topic known as #ObamaAndKids came to be on Saturday when Michael Skolnik, activist and entrepreneur, posted a classic photo of Obama and a child, reminding the world of the impact the nation’s first Black president has on today’s youth.
From there, the world took part in #ObamaAndKids, sharing their favorite photos of the president playing and interacting with children.
On Sunday, Skolnik shared the reason why he decided to start the unforgettable hashtag. After visiting The White House for a special celebration of Black History Month earlier this week, he witnessed White House photographer Pete Souza snap a photo of the president meeting a wide-eyed toddler.
The reception was just one of many events held at The White House for Black History Month which included an intergenerational meeting of activists with Obama and a STEM program for African-American girls.
“This would be the last Black History Month celebration at The White House during the presidency of the first African-American in the history of The United States to hold the highest office in the land,” Skolnik said. “I started thinking about all of the other children in this country, and what it means for them. What it means for them to have this president, at this time, leading this country through this incredibly difficult transition.
We’ll probably never truly be able to measure the impact that President Barack Obama has had on our children. As we enter the final year of his presidency, we will cherish and hold onto the great moments of progress and accomplishment. We will celebrate not just Barack Obama as a president, but also as a husband and a father.”
Take a look at more memorable #ObamaAndKids photos below.
SOURCE: Twitter, Medium | VIDEO CREDIT: Inform | PHOTO CREDIT: Pete Souza/The White House
Every Picture Of President Obama & Adorable Kids That You Need To See Now (PHOTOS)
1. President Obama gets the biggest of hugs from an adorable girl with adorable pig tails in the White House.1 of 44
2. Face/Off! President Obama and one little American have a staring contest.2 of 44
3. We wonder who won!3 of 44
4. Making funny faces with the cutest of White House guests.4 of 44
5. It's a bird! It's a plane! Nope, it's just Air Force One.5 of 44
6. Cutest Story Ever: When Alanah Poullard visited the White House to greet Wounded Warriors and their families, she asked the president to write her a school excuse note so she wouldn't get in trouble for missing a day of school. He happily did just that.6 of 44
7. "Smell my hand Mr. President!"7 of 44
8. Kisses for the president on the White House lawn.8 of 44
9. Obama loves the kids...even when they're a chore to pick up.9 of 44
10. While visiting Sasha & Malia's school, President Obama spotted these pre-schoolers checking him out. Time to stop for a quick conversation about universal Pre-K education!10 of 44
11. "President Obama, look at the camera!"11 of 44
12. Obama greeting little visitors dressed to the nines.12 of 44
13. We're sure this conversation was all about hair.13 of 44
14. Airplane rides from the president? Who wouldn't be smiling!?14 of 44
15. Taking a moment from signing executive orders to play tag in the Oval Office.15 of 44
16. Another conversation about great hair and cute babies.16 of 44
17. Reaching for a high five!17 of 44
18. The president takes the time to greet Americans and a cute baby on an airplane tarmac.18 of 44
19. Getting hugs from the cutest of students during a trip to a pre-school.19 of 44
20. Meeting the cousins and siblings of Newtown victim Emilie Parker just two days after the Sandy Hook massacre.20 of 44
21. What's a day in the White House without getting caught by a mini Spider-Man?21 of 44
22. There's something about that presidential face that babies just love.22 of 44
23. Giggles and laughs from a staffer's baby boy.23 of 44
24. There's nothing like high fives from the president.24 of 44
25. Obama and Baby Face-Off's. They are definitely a thing.25 of 44
26. President Obama gives an animated expression while meeting with students at an elementary school.26 of 44
27. Students help Obama during a literacy lesson at an elementary school.27 of 44
28. Pound it, Bro!28 of 44
29. At least one of them has the right basketball team on for the former Chicago Senator.29 of 44
30. Hooray's and baby holding on a trip to Senegal.30 of 44
31. Looks like President Obama is interrupting dinner at Brooklyn's iconic restaurant Juniors. But this little girl doesn't mind.31 of 44
32. President Obama tries to have a meeting with college students. But this little guy is so intrigued he keeps inching his way into the conversation.32 of 44
33. Pete Souza: "The President talks with the six-year-old son of departing staff member David Vandivier just outside the Oval Office. The youngster had just inquired how old the President was going to be in a few days (the President's birthday is Aug. 4). '52,' the President replied. 'Whoa!' said the six-year-old."33 of 44
34. President Obama keeping a close eye on the students.34 of 44
35. According to her big grin, watching the president sign an executive order is a lot of fun.35 of 44
36. Pete Souza: "The President called me over to pose for a photo with a young boy who had fallen asleep during the Father's Day ice cream social in the State Dining Room of the White House." Gotcha!36 of 44
37. President Obama greets a little boy with the biggest grin we've seen in a while.37 of 44
38. Racing Denis McDonough's children while en route to the announcement that Denis would become the new Chief of Staff.38 of 44
39. Obama clearly discussing amazing afro's with this adorable baby.39 of 44
40. Obama Loves The Kids!40 of 44
41. Even the sleepiest of babies don't miss a chance to meet the president.41 of 44
42. Telling secrets in the Oval Office.42 of 44
43. Epic "Chloe" side eyes in the Oval Office.43 of 44
44. Amazed by how many wrinkles the president has amassed during his second term.44 of 44
#ObamaAndKids Will Make You Wish A Third Term President Was Possible was originally published on newsone.com