Last week, we oohed and aahed over their poise and grace at the White House Canadian State Dinner. Now, social media is abuzz over a photo of Malia, 17, serving as a translator for her father.
The family touched down in a rain-soaked Havana, Cuba on Sunday, when Obama became the first president in nearly 90 years to visit the island cordoned off from the rest of the world since the Cold War conflict.
In a photo shared on Pete Souza’s – the Chief Official White House photographer – Instagram, the father daughter duo share a laugh with a Spanish-speaking native as Malia, 17, translates.
“The President and Malia share a laugh as Malia translates Spanish to English for her dad at a restaurant in Old Havana,” Souza captioned the photo of the trio.
What a great moment. But are you surprised to learn that the president does not speak Spanish? Sound off in the comments.
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
President Obama's Historic Trip To Cuba In Photos
1. President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama attend a state dinner in CubaSource:Getty 1 of 11
2. President Castro with first lady Michelle Obama and President Barack ObamaSource:Getty 2 of 11
3. President Obama And President Castro Talk At An Exhibition Baseball GameSource:Getty 3 of 11
4. The First Family Arrives In CubaSource:Getty 4 of 11
5. First Lady Michelle Obama and President Barack Obama Arrive In Cuba On Air Force OneSource:Getty 5 of 11
6. The First Family Deplanes In CubaSource:Getty 6 of 11
7. Obama Arrives In Old Havana In The RainSource:Getty 7 of 11
8. Cuba Prepares For President Barack Obama's ArrivalSource:Getty 8 of 11
9. President Barack Obama Greets The Press In CubaSource:Getty 9 of 11
10. President Barack Obama Greets The Press In CubaSource:Getty 10 of 11
11. Cuban President Barack Obama SupporterSource:Getty 11 of 11
Daddy’s Girl: Malia Translates For President Obama During Cuba Trip was originally published on newsone.com