Kai Miller is our Social Media Coordinator at HelloBeautiful. When she is not busy perusing through the depths of the internet, she’s making moves in NYC — fabulously! Whether on the red carpet or trying the latest brunch spot, it’s hard not to notice her tantalizing tresses. Kai’s hair always looks ON FLEEK and moisturized. #TeamBeautiful had her spill the beans on her hair!
Kai has been natural for four years. In high school, she would straighten her hair frequently, leading it to suffer from excessive heat damage. With no choice (and damaged hair), she decided to do the “big chop.” While some people fear the big chop, Kai reassures us it’s not so bad on the other side:
“My hair has come such a long way. Now, I’m so happy to be confident and comfortable with my hair. It is essentially a reflection of my big, bubbly personality.”
Kai reveals she switches up her hair products every six months or so. However, recently, she’s been loving Cantu Shea Butter’s Coconut Curling Cream: “It defines as well as moisturizes my hair and doesn’t contain any harmful by-products such as sulfate or silicone.” Coconut oil is known for its moisturizing properties, and the absence of sulfate means your hair and scalp is less likely to get irritated or strip your hair from its essential oils.
So how does Kai achieve her look? First, she detangles her hair with Cantu Shea Butter’s Leave-In Conditioner. Then, separating her hair into several twists, she allows her hair to semi-dry. While her hair is damp, she unravels each twist and applies the Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream evenly throughout her hair. She finishes and perfects her look by flipping her hair over her head and scrunching her tresses in an upward motion. Kai reveals this “adds more volume and a defined curl.”
And that’s not the only tip she shared. The best natural hair care advice she has received is:
“Don’t apply heat to your hair for six months and watch what happens! The results will amaze you!”
We here at #TeamBeautiful celebrate our natural hair sistahs! Submit your natural hair to ContactHelloBeautiful@gmail.com for a chance to be featured! When submitting, please don’t forget to include the following:
1. Two photos of your hair on fleek. (CLEAR, high res images, please! Everyone is going to see these!)
2. What product you used to achieve the look.
3. How you achieved the look.
4. How long you have been natural.
5. The best natural hair care tip you have received.
6. Add a couple tidbits about yourself, i.e. where you’re from, age, hobbies, career, etc.
We look forward to seeing all of your beautiful hair photos!
PHOTO CREDIT: Kai Miller
ESSENCE FESTIVAL STREETSTYLE: Haute Hair And Statement Style In The Beautiful Bayou
1. STATEMENT SUNNIESSource:Hello Beautiful 1 of 32
2. SOUTHERN STYLESource:Hello Beautiful 2 of 32
3. SMILESource:Hello Beautiful 3 of 32
4. TOP NOTCH WITH THE TOP KNOTSource:Hello Beautiful 4 of 32
5. IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILSSource:Hello Beautiful 5 of 32
6. GIVE 'EM THE COLD SHOULDERSource:Hello Beautiful 6 of 32
7. ERICA ASHSource:Hello Beautiful 7 of 32
8. POP OF COLOR PUM PUM SHORTS!Source:Hello Beautiful 8 of 32
9. FUN WITH FRIENDS!Source:Hello Beautiful 9 of 32
10. COOL COORDINATESSource:Hello Beautiful 10 of 32
11.Source:Hello Beautiful 11 of 32
12. AFROSource:Hello Beautiful 12 of 32
13.Source:Hello Beautiful 13 of 32
14. GO BOLD!Source:Hello Beautiful 14 of 32
15. DENIM DELICATESSource:Hello Beautiful 15 of 32
16.Source:Hello Beautiful 16 of 32
17. BLUE STEELSource:Hello Beautiful 17 of 32
18. PATTERN PARTY!Source:Hello Beautiful 18 of 32
19. STYLIN' IN STRIPES!Source:Hello Beautiful 19 of 32
20. FLASH TATTOOSSource:Hello Beautiful 20 of 32
21. COOL KAFTANSource:Hello Beautiful 21 of 32
22.Source:Hello Beautiful 22 of 32
23. 4TH OF JULY STYLESource:Hello Beautiful 23 of 32
24.Source:Hello Beautiful 24 of 32
25. HIGHLIGHT WITH GRAYSource:Hello Beautiful 25 of 32
26. KEEPING COOLSource:Hello Beautiful 26 of 32
27. BODY ARTSource:Hello Beautiful 27 of 32
28.Source:Hello Beautiful 28 of 32
29.Source:Hello Beautiful 29 of 32
30. GO FOR GLADIATOR STYLESource:Hello Beautiful 30 of 32
31.Source:Hello Beautiful 31 of 32
32.Source:Hello Beautiful 32 of 32
REAL GIRLS, REAL CURLS: Kai Miller Shows Us How To Get A Donna Summer-esque Do! was originally published on hellobeautiful.com