Heather Heyer, 32, was one of the peaceful protesters against the white supremacy rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. Sadly, on August 12, 2017, she was killed by a Nazi who drove his car into a crowd. Nineteen people were injured and Heyer was pronounced dead at the nearby University of Virginia Hospital. Two Virginia state troopers responding to the day’s events were also killed on Saturday when their helicopter crashed.
The paralegal was celebrating the rally’s cancellation when the attack occurred. On Sunday, police arrested the driver of the car, James A. Fields, Jr., 20, and charged him with second-degree murder. Just like most Americans (with sense) celebs were outraged by Heyer’s unfortunate death. See below:
View this post on Instagram
God bless her soul! #myhearthurts but I do know that #GODIS 🙏🏾😔#Repost @killermike ・・・ #HeatherHeyer was an ally and deserves to be mourned and celebrated as such. "if you're not outraged your not paying attention" ~ HH. Salutes love. Shaun King nailed the cation. Proper honor is paid.
View this post on Instagram
It's hard to not vent on social media. For the most part I've been chill. Not letting emotions get the best of me. But since 🍊can't even #sayhername….(as if she is a dismissive footnote) I just wanna give peace respect and love to the family of #HeatherHeyer the brave young lady who died for something she believes in: justice freedom and equality. May her passing not be in vein. Let it also teach us all a lesson about knowing right from wrong and speaking up.
Heyer’s family and friends started a GoFund Me Page for the slain hero that explained she “was murdered while protesting hate.”
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Heyer family at this time.
13 Reasons We Are Still Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We'll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. And let's not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. He was never afraid to have a good time.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. The White House was always lit, and full of celebs.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Plus, he's all about b-ball.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Despite his insane schedule, he's a pretty hands on dad.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. ... And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we're thankful.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. He gave us hope...Source:Getty 13 of 13
Celebrities React With Outrage To Heather Heyer Being Killed By A White Supremacist was originally published on globalgrind.com