George Hofstetter might only be a teenager in high school, but he is already taking the world by storm. According to The Root, Hofstertter created an app that will help keep kids safe while they encounter police. The app known as “CopStop,” was made because he wanted to teach his younger brother and friends what to do if a cop stops you. He also never wanted to see them on the news.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Once police stop you the app text a list of family and friends. The app also allows the user to record the interaction and after is sent into a database. After he created this app his city’s police department was very interested in how they can use it to be better at their job. The great part is unlike body cameras allow the videos not to be tampered with.
Hofstetter wants to help change the tech industry which only has 7% African-Americans in it. Hofsetter said, “Don’t let the statics scare you away from creating impact that we as a society need.” We are so proud of this young man and we hope others follow in his footsteps.
- Shy Glizzy talks New Album, Features, State of the Culture in D.C., and more….
- Nene Leakes Is Having A Hard Time Choosing A New #RHOA Tagline, You Be The Judge
- Kanye Gives Away Yeezy’s To The Children Of Uganda
- Melania Trump’s Spokesperson Wants Us To Boycott T.I Because of This Video
40 Black Men & Youths Who Were Killed By Police
1. Kenneth Chamberlain Sr., 681 of 14
2. Ramarley Graham, 182 of 14
3. Trayvon Martin, 173 of 14
4. Jonathan Ferrell, 244 of 14
5. Omar Abrego, 375 of 14
6. Ezell Ford, 256 of 14
7. Michael Sabbie, 357 of 14
8. Delrawn Small, 378 of 14
9. Alton Sterling, 379 of 14
10. Philando Castile, 3210 of 14
11. Tyre King, 1311 of 14
12. Terence Crutcher, 4012 of 14
13. Reginald Thomas, 3613 of 14
14. Carnell Snell Jr., 1814 of 14
Teen Creates App To Help Stay Safe During Encounters With Police [VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com