Winter graduation season is here and for a grandmother and granddaughter it was a special day. 62-year-old, Belinda Berry and her granddaughter, 25-year-old, Karea Berry received their diplomas on the same day and walked across the stage together. According to Essence, they attended Chicago State University and made history.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Karea said, “It meant the world to me, because that’s the person, aside my from my daughter, that means the most to me. To be making her proud while she was making me proud was so awesome.” The two began school in 2010, but never thought it was possible for them to graduate together.
This is only just the beginning for these two ladies, they both have decided to attend graduate school. Belinda graduated in 1970 from high school and left college to raise her two daughters and care for her uncle that was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. Belinda said, “I would like to be an inspiration to the young and old as well. You can achieve whatever you want to no matter what your age.”
- Here Are Your Early Voting Polling Places In The DMV Area
- Kappa Alpha Psi Hosted The Clemson Party Where The Floor Collapsed
- Big Boi’s Son Cross Patton To Play College Football At Oregon
- Hazel E Reacts To Katt Williams’ Rant: ‘He Ran Off With My Money’
These Creative Caps Won Graduation 2016
1. We’re here for the PRIDE.1 of 4
2. Preach.2 of 4
3. The perfect balance between ratchet and righteous.3 of 4
4. Because it wouldn’t be right without a little Beyonce.4 of 4
Granddaughter Graduates From College With The Grandmother That Raised Her was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com