Leona Lewis entered into the music industry with a powerful voice and has continued to stay successful. In a recent interview with Glamour the singer talked about not only being in the entertainment industry, but a health scare that affected her. When fans were first introduced to Lewis she was 20 and had curly blond hair.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Around that time Lewis noticed that so many people in the industry had straight hair and she wanted it done as well. She said, “I was new to that world, I went along with it. Plus I also felt different when my hair was straightened: I felt polished. And so I continued to straighten it for years.” A year and a half into it though she began feeling chronic fatigue, pains in her neck and throat.
Lewis found out that she had Hashimoto disease and it affects women for the most part. She said, “When I was first diagnosed, I was absolutely devastated; I felt very scared and alone until I began to research and understand how others were living with the disease.” She began taking medication and stopped straightening her hair. It helped her reduce toxins to her body and become healthier.
- Jussie Smollett Officially Named A Suspect After Surveillance Video Of Attackers Buying Gear Surfaces
- Listen To Black Women| Why Are Black Women Being Left Out Of The Mass Incarceration Conversation?
- Welp! Mo’Nique Shares Edited Clip Of Her Steve Harvey Interview, Titled ‘Selling Out’
- Did Jussie Smollett Send Threatening Letter To Himself? FBI Launches Investigation
Check Out The Top Hairstyles At The 2017 American Music Awards
1. TRACEE ELLIS ROSSSource: 1 of 13
2. TRACEE ELLIS ROSSSource: 2 of 13
3. DIANA ROSSSource: 3 of 13
4. DIANA ROSSSource: 4 of 13
5. YARA SHAHIDISource: 5 of 13
6. YARA SHAHIDISource: 6 of 13
7. KELLY ROWLANDSource: 7 of 13
8. KELLY ROWLANDSource: 8 of 13
9. VIOLA DAVISSource: 9 of 13
10. VIOLA DAVISSource: 10 of 13
11. CIARASource: 11 of 13
12. CIARASource: 12 of 13
13. CIARASource: 13 of 13
Leona Lewis Stops Straightening Her Hair For Health Reasons was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com