You may have heard of figure skater Starr Andrews before… a video of the then 9-year-old skating to Willow Smith’s “Whip My Hair” went viral with over 53 million views. But now, the 16-year-old is making a name for herself again with a memorable routine that left Starr and the rest of the Internet in tears.
According to Pop Sugar, at the Jan. 5 US National Championships, Andrews beautifully performed to Whitney Houston’s classic ballad “One Moment in Time,” but Andrews, who is also a singer, skated to the sound of her voice!. See, she laid down the track herself!
Her performance was flawless, so much so that Starr herself broke down in tears afterwards.
Take a look:
Just beautiful! Her reaction when her scores came back was priceless:
While Andrews’ scores weren’t high enough to send her to the 2018 Olympics, we’re pretty sure she’ll make a splash in 2020!
Starr is definitely one to watch!
13 Fabulous Throwback Photos Of Whitney Houston
1. Whitney Houston In 1986Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. Whitney Houston In 1988Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. Whitney Houston In 1994Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. Whitney Houston In 1998Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Whitney In 1988Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Whitney In 1993Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Whitney HoustonSource:Getty 7 of 13
8. Whitney HoustonSource:Getty 8 of 13
9. Whitney Houston In 1988Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Whitney Houston In 1988Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. Whitney Houston In 1998Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Whitney Houston In 1988Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Whitney HoustonSource:Getty 13 of 13
Watch Teen Ice Skater’s Emotional Performance To Whitney Houston’s ‘One Moment In Time’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com