Octavia Spencer always has a special gift in store when certain movies come out. According to Huffington Post, the actress announced that she was going to buy out a screening of the Marvel film “Black Panther” in an underserved community in Mississippi. Spencer believes that certain communities are overlooked and she wants them to have the opportunity to see it.
On Instagram she said, “I will be in [Mississippi] when this movie opens. I think I will buy out a theatre in an underserved community there to ensure that all our brown children can see themselves as a superhero. I will let you know where and when Mississippi. Stay tuned.”
Last year for her film “Hidden Figures” she bought out a screening of it in Los Angeles. She said, “My mom would not have been able to afford to take me and my siblings. If you know a family in need that would like to see our movie but can’t afford it have them come.” “Black Panther” comes out on February 16th and we can’t wait to see it.
- Akon Says He Sounded “Soft As Hell” In Viral 911 Call
- JG Riff shares why he feels ‘Underrated’ and shows Little Bacon Bear how to ‘eat’ from streaming
- TrUth Speaks Volumes, Truly! • KYS Versus Interview
- DMV Get The First Look At The Wizards Before The New Season Starts At Their Annual Open Practice
- Asking For A Friend: “My Boyfriend Bought His Sexy Co-Worker Flowers!”
- Fans Pick Sides After DaniLeigh and B.Simone Have Issue On Wild’n Out Set
- Black People And Seasonal Depression: How To Combat Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Howard University Swim Team Will Make History During Hall of Fame Weekend
- Read 10 Things We Learned From Last Week’s Episode of ‘Atlanta’
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s ‘Love & Cheating’ | Episode 87
Octavia Spencer To Boy Out A Movie Theater For Kids To See “Black Panther” was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com