Dennis Edwards of the Temptations died recently in Chicago. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Grammy-winning singer died from meningitis, but now court documents allege he was abused before he passed. It is reported that his wife, Brenda Edwards abused him at home.
Before his death an investigator with the Healthcare Consortium of Illinois filed a protection order request on behalf of the singer. In the documents it states that Brenda tried to suffocate him. Edwards wasn’t able to leave from his bed and she allegedly stole his hearing aids.
Later on Dennis was removed from the home and Brenda was supposed to go to court to talk about the allegations. In a statement she said, “I loved Dennis, and we were married for 18 years. I would have never done anything to harm him. These allegations are false and defamatory and will be proven as such. Until this is all over, I have no further comment.” Chicago police have open an investigation and the family of Dennis are making arrangements for his memorial service.
- Let Migo! Offset Arrested In Georgia On Felony Gun Charges
- Werk Sis: Kelis Grinding To Reggae Music Is A Whole Freakin’ Summer Mood
- Man In Car During Taylor Hayes Shooting Is Charged For Gun & Drugs
- A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie ft. Davido “Way Too Fly,” Fat Trel “What It Is” & More | Daily Visuals
- Reunited! Watch BFFs LeBron James And Michael Beasley Perform “Back That Azz Up”
- WOW: Woman Unexpectedly Gives Birth In Chick-Fil-A And Her Baby Gets Free Food For Life
- Kid Cudi, Kanye West & 7 Other Rappers Who Have Combated Depression
- Weekend Shmood: When Your Turnt Uncle Starts Twerking At The Young Folks Party
- Republicans Are Doing Their Damnedest To Make Sure You Can’t Vote
- Missy Elliott Congratulates Iggy Azalea On Her Success With An On-Air Phone Call