Dennis Edwards of the Temptations died recently in Chicago. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Grammy-winning singer died from meningitis, but now court documents allege he was abused before he passed. It is reported that his wife, Brenda Edwards abused him at home.
Before his death an investigator with the Healthcare Consortium of Illinois filed a protection order request on behalf of the singer. In the documents it states that Brenda tried to suffocate him. Edwards wasn’t able to leave from his bed and she allegedly stole his hearing aids.
Later on Dennis was removed from the home and Brenda was supposed to go to court to talk about the allegations. In a statement she said, “I loved Dennis, and we were married for 18 years. I would have never done anything to harm him. These allegations are false and defamatory and will be proven as such. Until this is all over, I have no further comment.” Chicago police have open an investigation and the family of Dennis are making arrangements for his memorial service.
- Maryland Early Voting: Here’s Why Elections Officials Expect Delays at the Polls
- “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)” Rapper Silento Arrested After Allegedly Driving 143 MPH
- Pat Riley Says The Los Angeles Lakers Championship Has An Asterisk On It For This Reason
- [10/25] DJ Freeez’s “New Before 2”
- [10/25] DJ Freeez’s “Saturday Midnight Mix”
- VIDEO: Senator Kamala Harris Makes Several Cleveland Stops To Greet Voters!
- Over 7.5 Million (& Counting) People Viewed Megan Thee Stallion’s Twerk-A-Thon
- Busta Rhymes Shows Off Rock-Solid Abs, 50 Cent Throws Light Jabs
- The Weeknd “Too Late,” Gucci Mane “CEO Flow” + More | Daily Visuals 10.23.20
- Beyoncé Drops A Preview Of New Ivy Park x Adidas Collection Leaves Beyhive Deep In Their Feelings