Dennis Edwards of the Temptations died recently in Chicago. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Grammy-winning singer died from meningitis, but now court documents allege he was abused before he passed. It is reported that his wife, Brenda Edwards abused him at home.
Before his death an investigator with the Healthcare Consortium of Illinois filed a protection order request on behalf of the singer. In the documents it states that Brenda tried to suffocate him. Edwards wasn’t able to leave from his bed and she allegedly stole his hearing aids.
Later on Dennis was removed from the home and Brenda was supposed to go to court to talk about the allegations. In a statement she said, “I loved Dennis, and we were married for 18 years. I would have never done anything to harm him. These allegations are false and defamatory and will be proven as such. Until this is all over, I have no further comment.” Chicago police have open an investigation and the family of Dennis are making arrangements for his memorial service.
- Doctor’s Believe Black Women Less When They Complain About Pain
- Register To Win A Trip To New York To Attend The Premiere Of “Nobody’s Fool!”
- Mark Steele & No Malice Team Up For New “Grace Of God” Visual
- For Black People, Voting Is Just The Beginning Of The Work
- Erica Mena Arrested
- The Front Five – Al Galdi’s Five Biggest Takeaways From The Redskins’ 23-17 Win Over The Panthers
- Stacey Dash Reportedly Married Another Trump Worshiper Just 10 Days After They Met
- The #RoyalBaby: Meghan Markle Is Pregnant
- “What’s Poppin!” – Drake Sets The Record Straight!!
- Author Addresses The Financial Impact Of Racial Bias