James Conley III went into an Old Navy store and was accused of stealing the jacket he wore in there. Conley recorded the entire ordeal and posted it on Facebook. According to Des Moines Register, the video not only sparked outrage, but was shared on social media over 148,000 times.
The store was closed for one day for an investigation. Gap Inc., which owns Old Navy released a statement and said, “Earlier this week an Old Navy customer, James Conley III, had an unacceptable experience in our Jordan Creek, Iowa store. The situation was a violation of our policies and values, and we apologize to both Mr. Conley and to those we’ve disappointed. All of our customers deserve to be treated with respect. Following a thorough investigation of the incident, three employees who were involved have been terminated. We take this matter – and every conversation around equality – very seriously. Old Navy is committed to ensuring that our stores are an environment where everyone feels welcome.”
The three employees since the incident have been fired. Conley filed a lawsuit and has spoken out about what he experienced at the store. We will keep you updated on this story.
- All Love: 4 Things To Be Excited About From Diddy’s ‘GQ’ Interview
- Report: Wealthy Black Boys Have A Greater Chance Of Living In Poverty Than Middle Class White Boys
- Church and Vote: Georgia GOP Trying To Stop Black Worshippers From Praising Candidates At Polls
- Black Activists Are Being Watched And Possibly Reported On In Mysterious ‘Race Paper,’ DHS Records Suggest
- Wendy Williams Reveals She Is Suffering With From Graves’ Disease In The Middle Of Menopause
- White And Hispanic Cop Brutalize Black Man — But Only The Hispanic Cop Is Suspended
- Hol’ Up: Are You Staying With Your Spouse After This Disgusting Prank?
- This Is What We Ancient Folks Used To Do For Fun Back In The Day
- Chris Brown Puts Money On Kodak Blacks Books
- Prince Harry Reportedly Refuses Prenup Ahead Of Marriage To Meghan Markle