Leigh Bishop made a students day and it wasn’t by giving her a good grade. According to Madame Noire, Bishop told her pre-K student that she loved her hair. She then said, “Don’t be mad at me when I come to school with my hair JUST like that tomorrow….”
4-year-old August didn’t believe Bishop and just went about her day. That night she went and got her hair styled just like her student. When she walked August couldn’t believe her eyes.
Bishop said, “She was soooo tickled the whole afternoon!! It was the cutest thing.” The entire day she received compliments and people spoke about how great of a teacher she is. Bishop mentioned, “Any chance I get to make a student feel whole & important, I TAKE IT!! (Plus I REALLY loved her hair ).” The picture of Bishop and August has gone viral and we love to see stories like this.
- Black History Profile: Mary Church Terrell
- Which Black Panther Character Are You? [Quiz]
- From Franklin, NJ to D.C., Former Local DJ Honored For Accomplishments
- 4 Records ‘Black Panther’ Has Broken, So Far
- Sgt. La David Johnson’s Plans For His Family Were Tragically Cut Short
- Black Florida School Official Emerges As The Calming Voice Following The Parkland Shooting
- A Fight At All Star Weekend…Shocking!!!
- New LAHH ATL Cast Members!!!
- Welp! Keshia Knight Pulliam Reportedly Owes $102K In Georgia State Back Taxes
- The Official Poster For ‘Creed 2’ Has Been Revealed