Stacey Abrams wants to make history by becoming the first Black woman governor of Georgia. In an article on Buzzfeed, Abrams was applauded while speaking to Black teenagers about what her goal was. Over the past couple of years Georgia has been turning into a blue state due to more diverse and college-educated voters.
Her colleague and opponent, Stacey Evan, is a White women with less experience, grew up poor and wants better for kids growing up like her. Reports state that this is a very tense time for the party. Between race and party politics both of these women face challenges.
Abrams is counting on Black voters to help her make history. She must secure the nomination to move on, but some say she is going to lose possibly 23% to 25% of White voters that vote Democrat during the election. Abrams is ready to fight these battles and be the governor of Georgia. We wish her the best of luck!
- Enter The KYS Fest Boo’d Up Contest For A Chance To Win Tickets To KYS Fest!
- Uncuffed: 9 Anti-Cuffing SZN Songs To Blast This Cuffing Cycle
- Teyana Taylor, Jermaine Dupri & More Will Be Celebrated At Urban One Honors!
- Exclusive: Jay Ellis Reveals Which Celebrity Friends He’d Trust To Get Him Out Of An “Escape Room”
- “What’s Poppin!” – Rihanna Turns The NFL Down / Drake Not Believing The Rumors!
- New Music: Vic Mensa “Empathy”
- New Mixtape: Jacquees “QueMix 3”
- I’m Good Beloved, Enjoy: Rihanna Declines Super Bowl Halftime Show In Support Of Colin Kaepernick
- Reality Check: Black Soccer Dad Could Have Been Arrested Or Worse For Doing Nothing Wrong
- Leah’s Lemonade: Did Wale and Solange Date In The Past?
11 Powerful Images At The Women’s March 2018
1. Viola Davis inspires!1 of 10
2. Just say no!2 of 10
3. Say it loud!3 of 10
4. Migrant lives matter!4 of 10
5. Black and proud!5 of 10
6. ‘Together We Rise’6 of 10
7. #MeToo7 of 10
8. Power to the polls8 of 10
9. EMPOWER9 of 10
10. Mission accomplished?10 of 10
What It Will Take To Get Stacey Abrams To Become America’s First Black Female Governor was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com