Stacey Abrams wants to make history by becoming the first Black woman governor of Georgia. In an article on Buzzfeed, Abrams was applauded while speaking to Black teenagers about what her goal was. Over the past couple of years Georgia has been turning into a blue state due to more diverse and college-educated voters.
Her colleague and opponent, Stacey Evan, is a White women with less experience, grew up poor and wants better for kids growing up like her. Reports state that this is a very tense time for the party. Between race and party politics both of these women face challenges.
Abrams is counting on Black voters to help her make history. She must secure the nomination to move on, but some say she is going to lose possibly 23% to 25% of White voters that vote Democrat during the election. Abrams is ready to fight these battles and be the governor of Georgia. We wish her the best of luck!
- Jussie Smollett Officially Named A Suspect After Surveillance Video Of Attackers Buying Gear Surfaces
- Listen To Black Women| Why Are Black Women Being Left Out Of The Mass Incarceration Conversation?
- Welp! Mo’Nique Shares Edited Clip Of Her Steve Harvey Interview, Titled ‘Selling Out’
- Did Jussie Smollett Send Threatening Letter To Himself? FBI Launches Investigation
- DJ Khaled To Headline His Own “Summer Days’ Cruise with Cardi B, Post Malone & More
- Daniel Kaluuya & Lakeith Stanfield to Star in Ryan Coogler’s Forthcoming Fred Hampton Film
- Kyrie Irving & Kevin Durant’s All-Star Game Convo Has Knicks Fans Excited
- “Behind The Lens, Hollywood’s Independent Film Makers” Robert Townsend
- 50 Cent Afraid For His Life After Alleged NYPD Threat
- School & Office Closings Due To The Weather [February 20th, 2019]
11 Powerful Images At The Women’s March 2018
1. Viola Davis inspires!Source: 1 of 11
2. Just say no!Source: 2 of 11
3. Say it loud!Source: 3 of 11
4. Migrant lives matter!Source: 4 of 11
5. Black and proud!Source: 5 of 11
6. ‘Together We Rise’Source: 6 of 11
7. #BlackGirlMagicSource: 7 of 11
8. #MeTooSource: 8 of 11
9. Power to the pollsSource: 9 of 11
10. EMPOWERSource: 10 of 11
11. Mission accomplished?Source: 11 of 11
What It Will Take To Get Stacey Abrams To Become America’s First Black Female Governor was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com