Stacey Abrams wants to make history by becoming the first Black woman governor of Georgia. In an article on Buzzfeed, Abrams was applauded while speaking to Black teenagers about what her goal was. Over the past couple of years Georgia has been turning into a blue state due to more diverse and college-educated voters.
Her colleague and opponent, Stacey Evan, is a White women with less experience, grew up poor and wants better for kids growing up like her. Reports state that this is a very tense time for the party. Between race and party politics both of these women face challenges.
Abrams is counting on Black voters to help her make history. She must secure the nomination to move on, but some say she is going to lose possibly 23% to 25% of White voters that vote Democrat during the election. Abrams is ready to fight these battles and be the governor of Georgia. We wish her the best of luck!
- Today is the Last day to Certify for the Marion Barry Summer Youth Employment Program
- Did You Know Michael Jackson And Usher Had A Little Beef?
- Jeff Goldblum Sees All Of Your Thirst Tweets
- Happy St. Patty’s Day: 5 Black Celebs You Probably Didn’t Know Were Irish
- Dancehall Meets Trap In Tommy Lee Sparta & Baker Steez’s “Propane”.
- Let Happy Feet’s Dancing Bring Joy To Your Day!
- Kenya Moore Announces Pregnancy
- Could Drake Make An Appearance on Kanye West’s Next Album?
- Big Apple Bottom: Eva Lopez AKA @Eva_Do_Limelo Puts On For New York [PHOTOS]
- Are Logic and Jessica Andrea Headed For A Divorce?