Viola Davis in most of her acceptance speeches talks about growing up poor and working hard to get to where she is now. The actress recently opened up to The Root about living in a rat infested apartment where they were on public assistance. Davis also chimed in about Donald Trump and how he wants to get rid off food stamps and make boxes for families.
She spoke about how people don’t talk about poverty and some don’t care. Davis mentioned, “Poor people are invisible. I know, because I was that.” In the video she talked about growing up and sometimes not having enough food to last through the month. Davis said, “I was a rung lower than poor. I was poor.”
- Who’s Cappin’? Funkmaster Flex, That’s Who!
- National Singles Day: 7 Reasons Why Being Single Is Actually Lit
- Black Women Entrepreneurs Pay Off Debt For 30 Students At Clark Atlanta University
- App Focused On Black Maternal Health Receives $200K Grant
- Taraji P. Henson Shows Off Her Natural Twist-Out…And We’re Here For It!
- HAUGHT OR NAUGHT: H&M Under Fire For Neglecting A Young Black Models’ Hair, The Popular Retailer Defends Hairstyle
- Czarface Partners With Bent Water Brewing For Don The Armor Brew
- This Black Woman Filmmaker Could Help Lead Alfre Woodard To An Oscar
- New England Patriots Cut Antonio Brown Amid Rape Allegations
- Yikes: Jerry Jones Admits Jay-Z Helped Negotiate Dez Bryant’s Latest Contract
Viola Davis: So Bold, Beautiful & Regal
1. Viola DavisSource: 1 of 10
2. Viola DavisSource: 2 of 10
3. Viola DavisSource: 3 of 10
4. Viola DavisSource: 4 of 10
5. Viola DavisSource: 5 of 10
6. Viola DavisSource: 6 of 10
7. Viola DavisSource: 7 of 10
8. Viola DavisSource: 8 of 10
9. Viola DavisSource: 9 of 10
10. Viola DavisSource: 10 of 10
Viola Davis Opens Up About Growing Up In Extreme Poverty [VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com