After years of dolls with body types that none of us could relate to, Mattel has finally introduced Barbies with realistic proportions.
In an announcement via TIME magazine, the company revealed that the iconic Barbie will now be available in three new body shapes: “petite,” “tall,” and “curvy.” The doll will also come in seven different skin tones in an attempt to represent a wider range of races and ethnicities.
Mattel explained the new additions in the following statement on its website:
“By introducing more variety into the line, Barbie is offering girls choices that are better reflective of the world they see today. The new 2016 Barbie Fashionistas collection includes 4 body types, 7 skin tones, 18 eye colors, 18 hairstyles, and countless on-trend fashions and accessories.”
The Fashionistas collection is now available for pre-order.
SOURCE: Mashable | PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
The Women Of Color Who Walked In The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
1. Cindy Bruna.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. Ming Xi.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. Angolan model Sharam Diniz.Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Joan Smalls made her fifth appearance on the VS runway.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. Lais Ribeiro.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. 25-year-old Gracie Carvalho hails from Brazil.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. Jasmine Tookes.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. Sui He.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Maria Borges.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. Leila Nda.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Leomie Anderson.Source:Getty 11 of 11
Barbie Finally Adds Dolls With Normal Body Types, Plus 7 New Skin Tones was originally published on globalgrind.com