Detroit-bred rapper Big Sean is investing in the next generation of entrepreneurs. According to Black Enterprise, he’s teaming up with Ally Financial and the Thurgood Marshall College Fund for an initiative that will help budding business owners bring their entrepreneurial vision to fruition.
Dubbed Moguls in the Making, the competition will identify aspiring entrepreneurs from historically Black colleges and universities across the country and have them compete to win a prize for their business. The students participating in the competition will have the opportunity to pitch their businesses ideas “Shark Tank” style before a panel of judges that will include representatives from Ally Financial and Big Sean. The program was designed to level the playing field for individuals from underserved communities and disenfranchised groups to step into the realm of entrepreneurship.
“I really feel like one of my life purposes is to inspire,” Big Sean said in a statement, according to the news outlet. “Moguls in the Making is all about making the next generation of moguls, finding that hustler spirit and hunger that exists in our youth and bringing that forward. I’m excited to find these great young minds and give them a platform and an opportunity to further build their futures.”
Alison Summerville, Head of Corporate Citizenship, Ally Financial, echoed his sentiments adding that the program will “provide all individuals greater access to services, education and resources they can use to help improve their economic circumstances and enrich their lives.”
This isn’t the first time that Big Sean—whose real name is Sean Michael Leonard Anderson—has used his platform to empower and educate the younger generation. Through his organization the Sean Anderson Foundation, he created an initiative called Mogul Prep which teaches students about the ins and outs of the entertainment industry.
The Moguls in the Making competition is slated to take place in Detroit in March.
2018: Year-in-Review | Entertainment
1. Harper's BAZAAR ICONSSource:Getty 1 of 23
2. The Duke And Duchess Of Sussex Visit Fiji - Day 2Source:Getty 2 of 23
3. MTV EMAs 2018 - ShowSource:Getty 3 of 23
4. 2018 iHeartRadio Music Festival - Night 1 - ShowSource:Getty 4 of 23
5. 2018 Creative Arts Emmy Awards - Day 2 - Creative Arts BallSource:Getty 5 of 23
6. Lil Wayne's Lil WeezyAna FestSource:Getty 6 of 23
7. 'Yardie' - UK Premiere - Red Carpet ArrivalsSource:Getty 7 of 23
8. Canyon Sessions Presents A Fundraiser For CancerSource:Getty 8 of 23
9. Alternative View In Black & White - The 71st Annual Cannes Film FestivalSource:Getty 9 of 23
10. Prince Harry Marries Ms. Meghan Markle - Windsor CastleSource:Getty 10 of 23
11. Heavenly Bodies: Fashion & The Catholic Imagination Costume Institute Gala - Street SightingsSource:Getty 11 of 23
12. Heavenly Bodies: Fashion & The Catholic Imagination Costume Institute Gala - ArrivalsSource:Getty 12 of 23
13. 2018 Coachella Valley Music And Arts Festival - Weekend 2 - Day 2Source:Getty 13 of 23
14. Retrial Of Bill Cosby Underway For Sexual Assault ChargesSource:Getty 14 of 23
15. 2018 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Radhika Jones - InsideSource:Getty 15 of 23
16. 2018 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Radhika Jones - Roaming ArrivalsSource:Getty 16 of 23
17. 2018 Essence Black Women In Hollywood Oscars Luncheon - ShowSource:Getty 17 of 23
18. 2018 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Radhika Jones - Roaming ArrivalsSource:Getty 18 of 23
19. Celebrity Sightings in New York City - February 20, 2018Source:Getty 19 of 23
20. European Premiere Of Marvel Studios' Black PantherSource:Getty 20 of 23
21. 60th Annual GRAMMY Awards - ShowSource:Getty 21 of 23
22. 60th Annual GRAMMY Awards - Roaming ShowSource:Getty 22 of 23
23. 2018 iHeartRadio Music Awards - Alt ViewSource:Getty 23 of 23
Big Sean Is Investing In The Future Of Aspiring Black Entrepreneurs was originally published on newsone.com