Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to the 16-count indictment against him Thursday in a Chicago courtroom, according to TMZ.
Last week, a grand jury indicted Smollett on 16 felony counts of lying to authorities about being the victim of a brutal racist and homophobic beating by two masked men in downtown Chicago back in January.
His next court date is scheduled for April 17 but according to TMZ, he will be allowed to travel to L.A. and NY for meetings with his lawyers.
- The Queen & Slim Cast On People Being Blinded By Their Blackness | Extra Butter
- When I Was Younger: Blac Youngsta Explains How To Become A Millionaire, What ‘Church On Sunday,’ Has To Do With It [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Beauty Mogul Courtney Adeleye Contributes 30 Million To Fund Black Female Entrepreneurs
- Find Out What Meghan Markle, Cardi B., Lizzo, And Zendaya All Have In Common When It Comes To Fashion
- Off the Menu with Vic Jagger “Thai-Style Chicken Salad” With Chef Crissy Taylor [Video]
- Why We Should Applaud Summer Walker For Being Honest About Her Anxiety, Instead Of Bashing Her
- Angie’s Hot Topic: 2020 Elections, What You Need To Pay Attention To…
- Did The NFL Set Up Jay-Z To Be The Fall Guy On All Things Race-Related?
- Misty Copeland Choreographs A Dance For Stuart Weitzman’s Holiday Campaign Wearing Close To Four Inch Heels
- HAUTE OR NAUGHT: Self Expression Or Gone Too Far? Are We Here For North West’s Nose Ring? [POLL]