Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to the 16-count indictment against him Thursday in a Chicago courtroom, according to TMZ.
Last week, a grand jury indicted Smollett on 16 felony counts of lying to authorities about being the victim of a brutal racist and homophobic beating by two masked men in downtown Chicago back in January.
His next court date is scheduled for April 17 but according to TMZ, he will be allowed to travel to L.A. and NY for meetings with his lawyers.
- Actor Jason Mitchell Reportedly Fired From “The Chi” Over Misconduct Allegations
- Vitamin Of The Day: Chase Your Passion Not The Money
- Did The Internet Find Trey Songz Baby Mama?
- Allison Williams Reveals How Black Men React To Her After Get Out | Extra Butter
- Hometown Hero Contest
- Black Mississippi Strippers Awarded $3M In Workplace Discrimination Case
- Nike Drops The Ball On Their Newest Puerto Rico Inspired Air Force 1
- Timbaland Hit With $2M Lawsuit Over Sampling Soul Song For Jay-Z & Ginuwine Tracks
- Redskins Linebacker Rueben Foster Carted Off The Field After Leg Injury During OTA’s
- The Wheel Has Been Broken: ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8, Episode 6 Recap