Before John Singleton had passed, his family was already debating how his finances would be distributed among his family. His daughter, Cleopatra Singleton was arguing with her grandmother, John’s mother Sheila Ward, the woman in charge of the estate about how she would be taken care of during her father’s illness and later his death.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Now, according to TMZ, there’s been some type of resolution.
Cleopatra, a 21-year-old college student who is one of Singleton’s seven children, has been granted a monthly allowance.
A judge recently approved a $3,000 monthly allowance and a one-time fee to cover her semester abroad.
Cleopatra will receive $2,778 a month and a one-time payment of $4,150. Cleopatra filed this request in September, five months after her father died. She claimed that her father was the one who took care of her finances when he was alive and she needed the money in order to hold her over.
Singleton’s estate is worth $35 million and recently acquired an additional $500, 000. The money has yet to be divided amongst the late director’s relatives.
Stars Who Got Their Big Break In John Singleton Movies
1. Cuba Gooding Jr.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. LudacrisSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Taraji P. HensonSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Michael Rapaport4 of 10
5. Nia LongSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. TyreseSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Ice CubeSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. Joe TorrySource:Joe Torry 8 of 10
9. Morris ChestnutSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. HONORABLE MENTION: Angela BassettSource:Getty 10 of 10
ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- Jazmine Sullivan Does The Big Chop [PHOTOS]
- Toya Wright’s Whimsical Engagement Announcement Photo Was Taken By A Black Woman
- Cam’ron Posts Heartfelt Message To Late Girlfriend Tawasa Harris: “This Was Really The Love of My Life!!”
Judge Grants John Singleton’s Daughter A Monthly Allowance was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com