Miya Ponsetto, the 22-year-old woman who attacked the black teenager in a New York hotel lobby, sat down with Gayle King just before being arrested. In the interview, Ponsetto apologizes and admitted she could have handled the situation differently, but the tone quickly changes making excuses for her behavior.
Yeah, the footage shows me attacking his son — attacking him how? Yelling at him? Yes. Okay. I apologized. Can we move on?
Ponsetto went on to accuse the father of the teen, Grammy-winning jazz musician Keyon Harrold, of physically attacking her. “But at the end of the day, the dad did end up slamming me to the ground and pulling my hair and throwing me and dragging me across the ground.” Ponsetto also rudely interrupted King as she asked questions throwing her hand up saying, “Alright, Gayle, enough.”
Ponsetto was arrested Thursday, January 7th in California when she was pulled over for a traffic stop. Part two of this interview with air on CBS Mornings on January 11th.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- TV One’s ‘UNSUNG PRESENTS: MUSIC & THE MOVEMENT’ Airs Tonight At 8/7 C #MLKDay
- United We Serve: Watch America Honor MLK With National Day Of Service For Joe Biden And Kamala Harris’ Inauguration
- An ‘NBA Jam’ Documentary Is In The Works
- Howard University’s Drumline To Escort Joe Biden, Kamala Harris After Historic Inauguration
- Melania Trump Can’t Plagiarize Michelle Obama’s Favorability Leaving White House, Poll Shows
- Did You Know? US Gov’t Found Guilty In Conspiracy To Assassinate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Martin Luther King’s Most Iconic Speeches Of All Time
- Duke Bootee Co-Writer of “The Message” Dead at 69
- Kendrick Lamar & Dave Free’s Media Company Produces Calvin Klein Campaign [Video]
- Dr. Dre Released From Hospital, Already Back In The Studio
Woman Who Attacked Black Teen Over Lost Phone Speaks with Gayle King was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com