Lil Reese has once again made headlines. This time, Chicago police arrested the 28-year-old rapper for domestic battery after a dispute with his girlfriend allegedly turned physical.
According to TMZ, he was arrested May 29. In the official police report his girlfriend claimed Reese pulled her hair and struck her in the face with a closed fist. The attack caused an abrasion to her lower lip, which was visible to the responding officers.
He was released May 30 after posting a $10,000 bond.
On June 5, XXL released a statement from Reese regarding the arrest. “I got lied on by someone,” Reese said. “[Never] did hit anyone.” He claims he was a victim of false information.
His latest run-in with the law came just two weeks after he and two other men were shot in a Chicago parking lot.
On May 15, police responded to a call of shots fired around 9:53 a.m. and discovered three victims with gunshot wounds. A police spokesperson cited preliminary information stated the incident involved several people who were “all shooting at each other.”
Shortly after the incident, FOX 32 received further info from the Chicago Police Department. Their source said the crime stems from a stolen vehicle, a Dodge Durango specifically. A 55-year-old father tracked his son’s missing SUV via tracker with the GPS showing its’ location as a garage on the first block of West Grand Avenue.
The unidentified parent headed to the location in question and reportedly found Lil Reese and others inside the car while parked on the third level.
It is unclear what words were exchange but police say another individual appeared and starting shooting at the truck. They are said to have driven off but exchanged gunfire with the shooter prior to crashing. Three people suffered injuries including Reese who is in stable condition. A 20-year man was hit in the knee. A third man, 27, was listed in critical condition.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
J. Cole Is Back: 15 Hottest Bars From 'The Off-Season'
1. “I be stayin’ out the way, but if the beef do come around/ Could put a M right on your head, you Luigi brother now.”1 of 15
2. “Envy keep yo pockets empty, so just focus on you/ If you broke and clownin a millionaire, the joke is on you.”2 of 15
3. “Some [fights] broken up too quick to call it/ My last scrap was with Puff Daddy, who woulda thought it.”3 of 15
4. “All we believe in is homicide/ I got a good heart, so I send teddybears every time we make they mamas cry.”4 of 15
5. “Check out my projects, like them workers that Section 8 appoints/ And you’ll see how ‘i’ flip like exclamation points.”5 of 15
6. “I punch a timesheet? Not no mo’/Cause my assigned seat is a throne.”6 of 15
7. “A problem with me is like the BET Hip Hop Awards/ I’m startin to see you n----s don’t want it.”7 of 15
8. “These n----s say that they killas, they lyin/ Only thing I see yall killin is time.”8 of 15
9. “When I’m in love, I love heavenly/ If you betray me, you dead to me/ I disrespect you, respectfully.”9 of 15
10. “I’m bleedin from fightin my demons head up/ When I get defeated, believe I get up.”10 of 15
11. “I can’t reach up too high, evidently/ Never see ‘em when drivin’ a Bentley/ I can’t be out here moppin’ up Wendy’s.”11 of 15
12. “Make a few thousand dollars stack with every hour pass/ I catch you playin’ inside my lane, and I’mma foul yo ass.”12 of 15
13. “I stopped creepin six years ago/ Fun f-----n them hoe’s until you realize, you IS the hoe.”13 of 15
14. “If I said I was the toughest growin’ up, I would be lyin/ I had a fear of gettin punched while everybody eyein/ Add to that, a constant fear of dyin.”14 of 15
15. “I dibble-dabble in a few religions/ My homie constantly tellin’ me bout Quran.. puttin’ me on.”15 of 15
Lil Reese Arrested For Domestic Battery Just Two Weeks After Being Shot was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com