Mariah Carey had time today. After rumors circulated that she and Jay-Z had a heated meeting following her decision to ditch Roc Nation, the singer took to Twitter to set the record straight.
On June 4, UK paper The Sun published a story claiming that Carey decided to walk after having a “blazing row” with Jay during a meeting about the future of her career. Until recently, Carey’s career was being handled by his popular management company. Per a “source,” The Sun reported that Carey will formally depart in a few weeks, adding, “Mariah and Jay had an explosive meeting which did not go well at all. She has made it clear she wants nothing more to do with him and has called it quits with Roc Nation.”
And while Carey is no longer listed as a client on the Roc Nation website, the music icon insists that rumors of a shouting match with Jay are beyond ridiculous.
“The only ‘explosive’ situation I’d ever ‘get into’ with Hov is a creative tangent, such as our #1 song ‘Heartbreaker’!!” She tweeted Monday morning. The singer then went on silence the rumors by quoting a well-known Jay-Z line. “To the people who make up these lies I say “Poof! —Vamoose, sonofa*****’!”
Outside of rumored beefs, Carey is reportedly working on “a heavily R&B-influenced album” and is planning to kick off another world tour.
As for the Big Homie: Don’t expect Hov to respond to the rumors any time soon. The business mogul rarely uses social media, and besides, he’s too busy enjoying the NBA Finals alongside Queen Bey. The power couple were spotted courtside at the Brooklyn Nets–Milwaukee Bucks game in Brooklyn on Saturday night.
- Akon Says He Sounded “Soft As Hell” In Viral 911 Call
- JG Riff shares why he feels ‘Underrated’ and shows Little Bacon Bear how to ‘eat’ from streaming
- TrUth Speaks Volumes, Truly! • KYS Versus Interview
- DMV Get The First Look At The Wizards Before The New Season Starts At Their Annual Open Practice
- Asking For A Friend: “My Boyfriend Bought His Sexy Co-Worker Flowers!”
- Fans Pick Sides After DaniLeigh and B.Simone Have Issue On Wild’n Out Set
- Black People And Seasonal Depression: How To Combat Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Howard University Swim Team Will Make History During Hall of Fame Weekend
- Read 10 Things We Learned From Last Week’s Episode of ‘Atlanta’
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s ‘Love & Cheating’ | Episode 87
Mariah Carey Sets The Record Straight About ‘Explosive’ Argument With Jay-Z was originally published on wzakcleveland.com