Damar Hamlin, a 24-year-old safety for the Buffalo Bills, was critically injured after a scary on-field incident against the Cincinnati Bengals on January 2. After spending weeks recovering in Cincinnati and Buffalo hospitals, many wondered whether or not he would ever be able to return to an NFL field.
During the first quarter of that Monday Night Football matchup, Hamlin dropped to the ground, unconscious, after a seemingly routine tackle. He had suffered cardiac arrest, and his heartbeat had to be revived before they put him in an ambulance and sent him to a local hospital. The in-game medical staff was credited with saving Hamlin’s life. The game was initially postponed before ultimately being canceled.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to a report by CNN, Dr. Thom Mayer, the medical director of the NFL’s Players Association, guaranteed that Hamlin “Will play professional football again”, a somewhat surprising admission made just a month after the world watched Hamlin’s scary situation unfold.
Hamlin, who’s since thanked fans around the world for their support and prayers, has yet to comment on whether he’ll continue playing in the NFL. Obviously, the most important thing right now is for him to get his health under control. Hopefully, we’ll get to see him compete at a high level again in the near future.
- The History of April Fools’ Day
- Megan Thee Stallion Throws The First Pitch At Houston Astros Opening Day Game
- Lola Brooke Cites Teyana Taylor As Her Fashion Influence In Mefeater Magazine
- Trump Indicted By Manhattan Grand Jury, First Former POTUS To Face Criminal Charges
- Lizzo Debuts Yitty’s New Gender Affirming Shapewear Line ‘Your Skin’
- More Than 82k+ Customers May Have Been Overcharged Using Maryland Tolls
- Jonathan Majors’ Lawyer Reveals Texts From Alleged Assault Victim
- Teyana Taylor Is Our Style Queen At The ‘A Thousand And One’ Premiere
- Laya Talks With Chey Parker At WKYS’ Inaugural Women’s Empowerment Brunch
- GoGo Morrow Talks With Chey Parker At WKYS’ Inaugural Women’s Empowerment Brunch
Will Damar Hamlin Ever Play Football Again? NFL Doctor Weighs In was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Willis Reed, New York Knicks Legend, Dies at 80
Blueface Defends Chrisean Rock Smoking Weed During Pregnancy
Indecent Exposure! Celebrities Who Happily Show Off Their “Hoo-Ha” (NSFW PHOTOS)
[VIDEO] Ouch! Cee-Lo Thrown From Horse At Atlanta Party Honoring Shawty Lo
Nick Cannon Says He Doesn’t Give His Kids’ Mothers A “Monthly Allowance,” Twitter Roasts Him
Join Us For The WKYS 93.9 Women's Excellence Empowerment Brunch [Get Tickets Here]
Three Men Found Guilty For 2018 Murder of XXXtentacion
27 Insane Pictures Of Iggy Azalea’s Booty (PHOTOS)