Morgan State University’s marching band, the Magnificent Marching Machine, is heading across the Atlantic.
The school announced that the band will perform in the D-Day 80 Normandy Parade in France.
see more HBCU News:
- ’60 Minutes’ Accuses Deion Sanders Of ‘Abandoning The Mission At Jackson State’
- Video Shows Jacksonville Gunman On Nearby HBCU Campus Before Racist Mass Shooting
- March On Washington 60th Anniversary: More Than 1,000 HBCU Students Rally For Change
- Coppin State University To Offer In-State Tuition To Out-Of-State Students
- Howard University Enhances Security Measures Following Assault On 4 Students
- Howard University Gives Students Safety Device Amid Crime, Violence On And Around Campus
- HBCU To Require Masks On Campus After ‘Reports Of Positive Cases’ At Atlanta University Center
- Phylicia Rashad Will Step Down As Dean of Howard University’s College of Fine Arts
- Tigers On Ice! First HBCU Ice Hockey Team To Arrive At Tennessee State
- Morgan State University’s Marching Band To Perform At D-Day 80 Normandy Parade In France
In a press release, the university’s president David Wilson said:
“When we think of the historic events that have shaped the 20th century and the decades thereafter, the courageous moments that took place on the beaches of Normandy, France nearly 80 years ago, are among them. The opportunity to have our students not only represent our University but also our nation on such a grand world stage in recognition of such a monumental occasion is truly an honor.”
During the parade, the band is set to “America the Beautiful” as they march between Vierville-sur-Mer and Saint Laurent-sur-Mer, overlooking Omaha Beach.
According to the news release, they will also pay their respects by laying a wreath at the Normandy American Cemetery, where more than 9,300 soldiers are laid to rest.
The university said that it will be contributing part of the resources needed to cover the travel expenses of the 152-member band and MSU Alumni Relations and the Morgan State Univerity Foundation will help raise the rest of the money.
Congratulations to the students!
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
READ MORE NEWS…
Morgan State University’s Marching Band To Perform At D-Day 80 Normandy Parade In France was originally published on 92q.com
Be Careful When Shopping At Temu
Social Media Reacts To ‘Shocking’ New Mugshot As Tory Lanez Transferred To State Prison
Nicki Minaj’s Husband Kenneth Petty Gets House Arrest, Clowned On Social Media
Man Arrested In Tupac Murder Case, Social Media Has Questions
The Streets Think Remy Ma Allegedly Cheated On Papoose With A Battle Rapper
[VIDEO] Man Punched For Yelling During Beyonce Mute Challenge In Houston
27 Insane Pictures Of Iggy Azalea’s Booty (PHOTOS)
29 Pictures Of Lady Gaga’s Great Ass [PHOTOS]