Montgomery County’s Community Action Agency seeks dedicated volunteers for its VITA program, which provides free tax assistance to residents with household incomes under $64,000 during the tax season (January to mid-April).
VITA is a crucial link to valuable tax credits that support low-income households. Last year, volunteers contributed 2,820 hours, assisting 1,946 households with an impressive tax impact of nearly $7 million.
County Executive Marc Elrich emphasizes the importance of ensuring eligible residents access these benefits. The program has a specific need for volunteer schedulers, handling calls and appointments.
VITA offers free training with flexible opportunities in Rockville, Silver Spring, Gaithersburg, and Wheaton. High school students can earn SSL hours as greeters or schedulers. Bilingual volunteers (English/Spanish) are encouraged to join. To get involved, contact DFSVITA@fairfaxcounty.gov or call 703-533-5320.
source: The DMV Daily
- Several Students At Dunbar High School Hospitalized After Ingesting Unknown Substance
- Here’s How You Could Get A Free Lyft Ride In Maryland This Holiday Season
- Washington Wizards Deni Avdija Disappointed In DC Sports Fan Culture But Has Hopes On Improvement
- Rod Wave D.C. Concert Stop Break-Ins Story Was Exaggerated, MPD Confirms
- 24/7 Speed Cameras To Be Installed At 21 New Locations In Bowie For Safer Driving
- Students At 8 D.C. Middle Schools Qualify For $22K College Scholarships
- Maryland Care Worker Sentenced For Leaving Man With Autism Alone in Stolen Van
- Coppin State University Launches Housing Initiative For Low-Income Students
- Odell Beckham Jr. joins Ravens’ dance hall of fame with Park Heights Strut celebration
- Washington Wizards Jordan Poole Denies That He Spent $500K On Date With Ice Spice
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Montgomery Country Seeks Volunteers To Assist Eligible Residents File Income Taxes For 2023 was originally published on woldcnews.com
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
29 Pictures Of Lady Gaga’s Great Ass [PHOTOS]
27 Insane Pictures Of Iggy Azalea’s Booty (PHOTOS)
Thanksgiving Mac & Cheese’s Most Viral Moments
Turkey Taboos: 10 Things You Should Never Do At Thanksgiving
Queens Get The Money: Meet NYC Booty Banging Adult Star Moriah Mills [PHOTOS]
Blueface’s Mom Karlissa Saffold Harvey Accidentally Leaked Booty Pic Online
20 Creepiest Things To Whisper In Someone’s Ear While Hugging