After confessing to the 1993 killing of John Henkel, rapper Trevell “G. Dep” Coleman has been sentenced to serve 15 years to life in prison. Coleman was found guilty of second-degree murder in court last month.
“I was surprised…for some reason, I really didn’t think that he died,” Coleman told the New York Post after his confession. “When they told me, I was like, ‘Oh, I’m not going home after this.’”
Coleman shot Henkel, a Queens resident, during an armed robbery at the James Weldon Johnson Housing projects in 1993. 17 years later Dep walked into the 25th Precinct and admitted to the shooting, not realizing Henkel died from his wounds. The former Bad Boy rapper was found guilty after a five-day trial.
Like 93.9 WKYS on Facebook!
RECENT ON KYSDC.COM
- Floyd Mayweather & 50 Cent Put On Blast By Their Baby Mamas
- Hot Or Not: David Banner ft. Chris Brown – “Amazing” [NEW MUSIC]
- Seven Things That Kanye West Hates
- Natalie Nunn Gets Married To Football Player Jacob Payne
- Alicia Keys & Swizz Beatz Have Family Night At Knicks Game With Lil Egypt! (pic)