Popular film director Quentin Tarantino dropped the tracklist and cover art for his forthcoming film “Django Unchained.” As Tarantino does with his films, he has packed the soundtrack with big named stars alongside artists who you may not be too familiar with. The album features music from Anthony Hamilton, James Brown, and 2 Pac. Jamie Foxx jumps behind the boards and serves as producer for the Rick Ross song “100 Black Coffins.”
Quentin Tarantino’s camp gave a statement thanking everyone who lent their talent and creativity to the soundtrack of the film. “I want to thank all the artists who contributed original songs (a first for me) to the picture. Most of these contributions came out of the artists’ own inspiration and their illustration of the film’s soul is invaluable. n addition to the new original songs I am also using a lot of older recordings on the soundtrack – many of which came from my personal vinyl collection,” the controversial director said. “Instead of having the record companies give me new digitally cleaned up versions of these recordings from the 60′s and 70′s, I wanted to use the vinyl I’ve been listening to for years – complete with all the pops and cracks. I even kept the sound of the needle being put down on the record. Basically because I wanted people’s experience to be the same as mine when they hear this soundtrack for the first time.”
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
Check out the tracklist below.
“Django Unchained” Tracklist
2. Django (Main Theme) – Luis Bacalov, Rocky Roberts
3. The Braying Mule – Ennio Morricone
4. In That Case, Django, After You…
5. Lo Chiamavano King (His Name Is King) – Luis Bacalov, Edda Dell’orso
6. Freedom – Anthony Hamilton & Elayna Boynton
7. Five-Thousand-Dollar Nigga’s And Gummy Mouth Bitches
8. La Corsa (2nd Version) – Luis Bacalov
9. Sneaky Schultz and the Demise of Sharp
10. I Got a Name – Jim Croce
11. I Giorni Dell’ira – Riz Ortolani
12. 100 Black Coffins – Rick Ross
13. Nicaragua – Jerry Goldsmith featuring Pat Metheny
14. Hildi’s Hot Box
15. Sister Sara’s Theme – Ennio Morricone
16. Ancora Qui – Ennio Morricone and Elsa
17. Unchained (The Payback/Untouchable) – James Brown and 2Pac
18. Who Did That To You? – John Legend
19. Too Old to Die Young – Brother Edge
20. Stephen The Poker Player
21. Un Monumento – Ennio Morricone
22. Six Shots Two Guns
23. Trinity (Titoli) – Annibale E i Cantori Moderni
Follow @939wkys for the latest celeb, entertainment and news!
— 93.9 WKYS (@939WKYS) October 24, 2012
Find us on Facebook!
- Outlet Shopping at The Harbor
- Nick Gordon for Fast Six!?
- Horoscopes for December 2nd – December 8th, 2012
- OSSE D.C State Athletics Association (DCSAA) hosts the inaugural state-wide high school football championship!
- Lunch Break Mix! Thursday Edition 11/29/12
Quentin Tarantino Releases ‘Django Unchained’ Album Cover & Tracklist was originally published on theurbandaily.com