Amidst the nonstop Kim and Kanye talk and society’s constant obsession with what the couple is doing, thinking, saying, and wearing, it’s easy to forget that other duos even existed before the two got together. But let us remind you, Kanye wasn’t just sitting around, twiddling his thumbs and waiting for Kimmy K. to come along for thirty-plus years of his life. There were others, and of course, there was Amber Rose.
Rose and West were absolutely inseparable from 2009 to 2010, until the two broke up and she moved onto her next celeb BF, Wiz Khalifa, in 2011. But it wasn’t her split with Khalifa that made Rose a regular celeb on all our social media radars. The model started popping up on our newsfeeds for the millionth time back in February, when she told NYC radio station Power 105.1 that Kylie Jenner was a “baby” who “needs to go to bed at seven o’clock and relax.” Naturally, the Kardashians gathered their troops for battle.
The Kardashian wrath grew so powerful, it managed to spur a full-blown social media war between the entire family and Rose. Ironically enough, Rose’s initial comment seemed to be targeting Tyga, who broke off his engagement to her friend Blac Chyna and was allegedly shacking up with little miss Kylie. Khloe went off on Rose on her Twitter and of course, Kanye made sure to get a word in too, saying that he had to “take 30 showers” to cleanse himself of Rose’s aura before dating Kim…and we thought what he did to T-Swift was cold.
Amber did play a part in the childish feud for a while, going from 1.2 million Instagram followers to 5.5 million in just a couple months. Hey, any PR is good PR, right? But now, Rose is done being sucked up in the Kardashian drama.
Muva Rosebud told Cosmopolitan:
“I think the turning point was when I just stopped giving a fuck about what people say…”
“One day, I just woke up and I was like, ‘You know what? I can’t sit around and stress anymore about the Internet and what people say about me. I just gotta do me.’”
So what does Rose do, to do her? Well, instead of battling with celebrities on Twitter, she’s speaking out about stuff that actually matters. She’s been giving talks to college girls about slut-shaming, claiming that women have the right to flaunt their bodies and dress whichever way they want. This summer, she plans to host an Amber Rose SlutWalk in Los Angeles, which according to Cosmopolitan “was modeled on an event that originated in 2011 as a response to a Toronto police officer saying, ‘Women should avoid dressing like sluts’ if they don’t want to be assaulted.” I guess Khloe’s attempt to shame Rose’s past with stripping backfired, to say the very least.
Amber first tried stripping at 15, but didn’t start her career as a dancer until she was 18. She wasn’t sure if she was cut out for the life of a stripper at first, but as she matured in age, she became more comfortable with her career and her body. She ended up pursuing her stripping career until age 25, and she has no regrets.
“Oh my god, I had so much fun. I really did. All the girls were really cool. The guys weren’t allowed to touch you. I was never sexually assaulted or [anything]. I was young, beautiful, I was onstage, I wasn’t really ashamed of my body. I made lifelong friends.”
She put her stripping career to the side when she decided to pursue a career in modeling and appearing in music videos. Now that she’s famous, she’s decided to make use of her voice and the power she has to influence young girls for the better. In October, she plans to release her first book, How to Be a Bad Bitch, which she called “a handbook for how not to make the same mistakes she has.”
Her manager Nick Cannon says she is interested in starting in her own show and will be starring in a new movie called Sister Code with Eva Marcille and Drew Sidora this month. Rose also scored a part in Zoolander 2 and recently teamed up with Amy Schumer for music video “Milk Milk Lemonade,” which absolutely erupted online for obvious reasons.
As for her love life, Rose is currently single and focused on being a good mother to her son Sebastian, in addition to growing her professional career. That’s not to say she doesn’t think about the “L” word – we all do, after all. Amber posted a picture of her and Khalifa on her Instagram, making it pretty clear that she was looking to give the relationship another shot.
We can only assume Khalifa was not down as well, since she’s recently opened up about dating rapper Machine Gun Kelly.
Amber has always considered herself a feminist, but struggled to understand how those values played into her relationships with various men. Now more than ever, she understands what it really means to be an independent woman.
“I was always about girl power, but I didn’t quite get it because I did always feel like I had to be completely submissive to a man. I was always very unhappy doing that…”
“I think I needed time to grow up. You get to a certain point in your life where you really find out who you are, and sometimes that happens when you’re 25, but for me, it was 31. I didn’t quite know that before. I guess social media did help create the feminist monster that I’ve become.”
The world could use more feminist monsters. Get it, Amber.
SOURCE: Cosmopolitan | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram | VIDEO CREDIT: YouTube
Amber Rose Shares Photos Of Her Flawless Backside In Miami & More
1. Amber Rose shows off her flawless body in Miami.1 of 32
2. Amber Rose shows off her flawless booty in Miami.2 of 32
3. Amber Rose hits the club in Miami.3 of 32
4. Amber Rose hits the club with Blac Chyna in Miami.4 of 32
5. Amber Rose hits the club in Miami.5 of 32
6. Amber Rose shows off her flawless booty in Miami.6 of 32
7. Amber Rose shows off her flawless booty in Miami.7 of 32
8. Amber in a miniSource:Splash News 8 of 32
9. Amber Rose hits the club in Miami.9 of 32
10. Amber Rose hits the club in Miami.10 of 32
11. Amber Rose shows off her flawless bikini body.11 of 32
12. Amber Rose gets her head licked by a Taz Angel.12 of 32
13. Amber Rose dons baby pink to show off her bikini body.13 of 32
14. Amber Rose makes out with a Taz Angel.14 of 32
15. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna have some fun in the sun on Miami Beach.15 of 32
16. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna have some fun in the sun on Miami Beach.16 of 32
17. Blac chyna previews her look before a night out.17 of 32
18. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna have some fun in the sun on Miami Beach.18 of 32
19. Amber takes a quick snooze before her night out.19 of 32
20. Amber shows off some backside before heading out.20 of 32
21. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna get ready to host a party.21 of 32
22. Amber Rose takes a hot selfie.22 of 32
23. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna have some fun in the sun on Miami Beach.23 of 32
24. Amber Rose goes nearly nude.24 of 32
25. Amber and Miss Nikki get some lunch.25 of 32
26. Amber Rose shows off her figure for the paps.26 of 32
27. Amber Rose gets lunch with Miss Nikki.27 of 32
28. Amber Rose shows off her amazing curves.28 of 32
29. Amber Rose gives us some leg action.29 of 32
30. Amber Rose takes a gorgeous selfie.30 of 32
31. Amber Rose shows off more of her curves.31 of 32
32. Amber blows a kissSource:Getty 32 of 32
Amber Rose Tells Cosmo All About Being The “Feminist Monster” & The Baddest B*tch In The Game was originally published on globalgrind.com