Jamla Records emcee Rapsody releases the remix to her Beauty & The Beast EP cut “Don’t Need It.”
The Young Guru-produced song initially featured singer/songwriter Merna, but Rapsody nabbed Brooklyn native Joey Bada$$ to drop some gems on the remix. Rapsody premiered the track on Ebro Darden of HOT 97’s Beats 1 radio show yesterday.
Take a listen to the remix of “Don’t Need It” below.
The 411 On 9th Wonder's Protégé Rapsody
1. Rapsody's a member of Zulu Nation, a hip-hop-based organization founded by Afrika Bambaataa and rooted in the ideals of the Nation of Islam and the Nation of Gods and Earths.Source:Getty 1 of 6
2. Hailing from Snow Hill, North Carolina, Rapsody was not only Homecoming and Prom Queen in high school, but she was also her high school class president.Source:Getty 2 of 6
3. Rapsody's been signed to 9th Wonder's It's A Wonderful World Music Group since 2008. She's also worked with hip-hop greats like Pete Rock, Erykah Badu, Big Daddy Kane, Raekwon, and Phonte. More recently, she's collaborated with multiple artists off TDE: Mac Miller, Raheem DeVaughn, BJ The Chicago Kid, Childish Gambino, and The Cool Kids, some of whom were featured on her 2012 debut album "The Idea Of Beautiful."Source:Getty 3 of 6
4. Rapsody's "Complexion (A Zulu Love)" verse for Kendrick was recorded by 9th Wonder at House Studios in Washington, D.C.Source:Getty 4 of 6
5. Rapsody lives by the motto "culture over everything" and thinks the way to preserve hip-hop culture is to learn and respect the history (its inception and its founders).Source:Getty 5 of 6
6. While attending North Carolina State University, Rapsody started a hip-hop organization called h20: The Hip-Hop Organization and was a member of the group Kooley High before going solo. After college, she also juggled a part-time job at the local Footlocker while pursuing a career in music.Source:Getty 6 of 6
Rapsody, Joey Bada$$, & Merna “Don’t Need It (Remix)” (NEW MUSIC) was originally published on globalgrind.com