Almost two months after losing his daughter Bobbi Kristina in nearly the same way his ex-wife Whitney Houston passed, Bobby Brown is speaking out about the tragic death in his family.
Joined by his current wife Alicia Etheredge on The Real, Bobby reveals his fondest memory of Bobbi Kristina, speaks on the many people he’s lost over the past six years, and says it was God who blessed him with his new baby girl, Bodhi. He even reveals that he’s organizing the Bobbi Kristina Serenity House, which will act as a “safe haven, emergency center and advocacy resource center for women affected by Domestic Violence.”
Bobbi’s boyfriend at the time of her death, Nick Gordon, is being accused of giving her a “toxic cocktail” before placing her facedown in a bathtub. She was in a medically-induced coma in January and passed away in late July. The socialite’s friends have also reached out and said that Nick was abusive toward Bobbi throughout their relationship. Check out some excerpts from Bobby’s interview below.
On how he is coping after Bobbi Kristina’s death:
“It’s an everyday process. It’s not easy at all. God was gracious enough to give me a baby girl [daughter Bodhi] in the last two months, you know, after losing one.”
On praying for Bobbi Kristina while she was still alive:
We prayed and hoped for six months… for something better to happen, but when God calls you, he calls you,” Brown said. “I’m pretty sure her mother was, had a part with like, ‘Come on, let’s get her up here’ – in the best way possible.” Brown added: “She [ex-wife Whitney Houston] was not comfortable by herself, I guess and she just called my daughter with her.”
On losing a plethora of loved ones in recent years:
“I mean after losing my mom, my dad, my ex-wife, my daughter in the last 6 years … the only thing I had to lean on was her,” Brown said of wife Alicia. “She’s probably tired of me leaning on her, but she’s held me up and she’s got my back – and you know anytime I need to lean to the side or lean forward, you know she’s right there.”
On her fondest memory of Bobbi Kristina:
“My fondest memory of her is her smile.” … “I mean not just because we have the same smile … the same gap and everything, but her smile and just her graciousness with loving people,” he explained. “She was so kind-hearted. She always took care of her friends.”
We are keeping Bobby and his family in our prayers throughout this difficult time.
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Bobbi Kristina Through The Years (PHOTOS)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive to Los Angeles on June 9, 1993.
1 of 25
2. Whitney Houston, singer Bobby Brown, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend Bobby Brown's 25th Birthday Party on February 4, 1994 at Tavern on the Green.
2 of 25
3. Bobby Brown and daughter Bobbi Kristina circa March 1994.
3 of 25
4. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive from New York City on June 18, 1995.
4 of 25
5. Mommy's girl! Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown depart for New York City on July 1, 1995 at Los Angeles International Airport.
5 of 25
6. Singer Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Preacher's Wife" premiere together in New York City on December 9, 1996.
6 of 25
7. Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, & Bobbi at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills circa October '98.
7 of 25
8. Daughter Bobbi walks the carpet with her mother Whitney Houston in March of 1999.
8 of 25
9. Whitney Houston with her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown and husband Bobbi Brown onstage during a concert on July 16, 1999.
9 of 25
10. Whitney Houston kisses her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown during the 1st Annual BET Awards on June 19, 2001.
10 of 25
11. Bobby, Whitney, and Bobbi pose for a flick at he 2002 VH1 Divas show.
11 of 25
12. Whitney, Bobby, and Bobbi smile during Praise Power in 2003.
12 of 25
13. The Browns posed with Mickey and Minnie at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" premiere.
13 of 25
14. Bobbi Kristina Brown and Whitney Houston perform in Central Park on September 1, 2009.
14 of 25
15. Bobbi and Whitney wore all black to the 2009 American Music Awards.
15 of 25
16. Bobbi hugs her mother at the 2011 Pre-GRAMMY Gala and Salute To Industry Icons Honoring David Geffen.
16 of 25
17. Whitney Houston and her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive at Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged: For The Love Of R&B GRAMMY Party.
17 of 25
18. Bobbi Kristina arriving at Whigham Funeral Home for a private viewing for her mother, Whitney Houston.
18 of 25
19. Pat Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown accept the Millennium Award on behalf of Whitney Houston onstage at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards.
19 of 25
20. Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon at the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
20 of 25
21. Bobbi salutes the poster for her mother's movie during the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
21 of 25
22. Bobbi Kristina at the We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney event.
22 of 25
23. Cissy Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Houstons: On Our Own" Series Premiere Party at the Tribeca Grand Hotel in NYC.
23 of 25
24. Nick Gordon kisses Bobbi Kristina Brown at "The Houstons: On Our Own" series premiere party.
24 of 25
25. Bobbi Kristina Brown attends the GRAMMY Gift Lounge during the 56th Grammy Awards at Staples Center.
25 of 25