Macklemore has kept a pretty low profile in 2015, but he’s attempting to take us to church before the year ends.
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis made us want to pull off our toenails when they bombarded the airwaves with mega pop hits “Thrift Shop” and “Can’t Hold Us” in 2013. Although “Downtown” isn’t our favorite, it surely isn’t the most annoying song he’s ever released. Thankfully, Macklemore and Ryan have been taking it easy with the cheesy songs in 2015.
Last night, Macklemore debuted his new collaboration “Kevin” featuring Texan soul singer Leon Bridges. In true Macklemore fashion, the song addresses a huge issue in society – America’s pharmaceutical crisis.
“Doctor please give me a dose of the American dream/ put down the pen and look into my eyes/ we’re in the waiting room and something ain’t right,” croons Leon. “This is on you, we’re overprescribed.”
Take a listen to Macklemore and Leon Bridges below.
The Women Of Color Who Walked In The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
1. Cindy Bruna.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. Ming Xi.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. Angolan model Sharam Diniz.Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Joan Smalls made her fifth appearance on the VS runway.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. Lais Ribeiro.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. 25-year-old Gracie Carvalho hails from Brazil.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. Jasmine Tookes.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. Sui He.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Maria Borges.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. Leila Nda.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Leomie Anderson.Source:Getty 11 of 11
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis “Kevin” Featuring Leon Bridges (NEW MUSIC) was originally published on globalgrind.com