Jurnee Smollett-Bellhas basically grown up before our eyes. We first got to know her as little Michelle Tanner’s best friend Denise on Full House and again on Hanging with Mr. Cooper. Then we caught her in Eve’s Bayou, and later in the classic film The Great Debaters with Denzel Washington. Not to mention she’s appearedas well in hit shows like HBO’s True Blood.
Now she’s getting ready to make her return to network television on WGN’s Underground, a show about the Underground Railroad. Married and completely in love, Jurnee stopped by the No Judgment Zone to promote her new show, but ended up sharing a lot more.
Jurnee speaks about how she met her husband after doing Roll Bounce, reveals the advice Denzel Washington gave her, and talks about the gem Quincy Jones dropped that stayed with her after all these years:
“One thing that always sticks with me that I quote a lot actually is Quincy Jones once told me, ‘You can’t believe them when they tell you you’re great, because you’ll believe them when they tell you you’re not great. You have to know you are and who God made you to be.’”
The 29-year-old also goes on to share the conversations she had with her brother Jussie Smollett when he was just breaking into the game before his Empire fame.
The best part is when Jurnee gushes over her husband Josiah Bell. You can see her blushing in the video when she talks about how they met. She even stars in his new video “Smoke and Mirrors,” which you can see below.
Underground is set to air on March 9th on WGN America.
1. Zach Lavine leaves Toronto with his Slam Dunk trophy.
1 of 21
2. The #AllStarGame’s best dressed? Had to be the West.
2 of 21
3. Klay Thompson’s 3-point contest trophy selfie game is strong. 🏆 (via @warriors)
3 of 21
4. Manhattan babies.
4 of 21
5. Karrueche takes NYFW.
5 of 21
6. Chanel Iman arrives at S.I.’s Swim City Day 1 in NYC.
6 of 21
7. Gigi Hadid arrives at S.I.’s Swim City Day 1 in NYC.
7 of 21
8. Thankful for these ladies! @LLCoolJ & I can’t stop smiling bc of you two..
8 of 21
9. Dreams really do come true…
9 of 21
10. The One.
10 of 21
11. Cloud 90000000 ☁️💗
11 of 21
12. Happy #NMM and Grammy Day!! Here’s my face before all the makeup goes on.. 💁🏻😝 Which #DevonneByDemi products are your favorite?? Www.devonnebydemi.com
12 of 21
13. Goodbye cape! Feeling light as a pregnant feather now!
13 of 21
14. Congratulations to @johnlegend on his 10th Grammy! He was so excited to hit a solid, round number. I think that might be the reason he wanted it the most, along with itching to take a photo with it in his matching honeybee Gucci jacket. I love you and am so proud of you!!
14 of 21
15. No big deal just rolled up with the hottest date.@selenagomez #grammys
15 of 21
16. Kourtney Kardashian looking like the MILFy mama she is while out with the family.
16 of 21
17. #candid #PuffDaddy
17 of 21
18. Drake’s father, Dennis Graham, spotted partying at Hyde Nightclub after the Grammys.
18 of 21
19. Bella Hadid and The Weeknd sneak off to Hyde Nightclub after the Grammys.
19 of 21
20. Post Malone looks like he’s on one at a Grammy after-party.
20 of 21
21. Taylor Swift, Lorde, and Calvin Harris spotted partying after the Grammys.
21 of 21
Continue reading Jurnee Smollett-Bell Gushes Over Her Husband & Shares Advice From Denzel Washington On The NJZ
Every Behind The Scenes Photo You Missed On Grammy Weekend