Friday the 13th is usually a day for avoiding black cats and scary movies, but instead we’re celebrating the fifth anniversary of the new classic comedy Bridesmaids.
The film starred Kristen Wiig (who also co-wrote the flick with Annie Mumolo), Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, and Ellie Kemper and raked in $288.4 million worldwide. The Oscar nominated movie became a staple in the comedy world and gave us hilarious quotes that most of us still repeat verbatim everyday.
We’re celebrating the film’s quinquennial with a list of the best life advice we picked up from Bridesmaids.
Megan’s approach to life is all about tough love. Buck up, because the only person who can help you, is you.
Don’t be a “Carol.”
When you find out he’s single, by all means…go for it.
It’s OK to let off some steam and drop the F-bomb.
There’s never a bad time to let loose. Even an airplane can be fun.
But just make sure you know your drink of choice.
You don’t have to tell everyone all your business.
After paying rent, other bills, and a night out with friends, we’ve all felt this way before.
If you see something strange, don’t hesitate to tell everyone.
Accept gifts – even from your mortal enemies – you probably won’t regret it.
Tell people how you really feel.
Don’t be afraid to do it on your own.
But make sure you don’t develop a “reputation.”
Don’t assume everyone looks at things the same way.
Be careful when getting spontaneous tattoos.
And when in doubt, there’s always wine.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Giphy
Where Are They Now: The Cast Of "Mean Girls" (PHOTOS)
1. Lindsay Lohan: Cady Heron was our entre into the world of "Mean Girls."Source:Getty 1 of 24
2. Following yet another rehab stint, Lindsay starred in her OWN reality show and has recently moved to London to star in the play "Speed the Plow."Source:Splash 2 of 24
3. Neil Flynn: As Cady's dad, he did not even know what being grounded means...Source:Splash 3 of 24
4. The actor is once again playing a family man on ABC’s "The Middle."Source:Splash 4 of 24
5. Ana Gasteyer: Cady Heron's mother who loved Ladysmith Black Mambazo.Source:Getty 5 of 24
6. The SNL alum has since starred in hit television show "Suburgatory," which was canceled earlier this year due to low ratings.6 of 24
7. Tim Meadows: Mr. Duval was the dumbfounded principal who did not leave the West Side for this.Source:Getty 7 of 24
8. The actor is now starring in a new NBC comedy called "Marry Me."Source:Splash 8 of 24
9. Rajiv Surendra: Kevin G.'s raunchy rap was cut too short, but we thoroughly enjoyed it.Source:Getty 9 of 24
10. He has since turned away completely from Hollywood and focused more on his art.Source:Twitter 10 of 24
11. Lizzy Caplan: Janis Ian was really a blonde!Source:Getty 11 of 24
12. The actress now plays groundbreaking sex researcher Virginia Johnson in Showtime's "Masters of Sex."Source:Getty 12 of 24
13. Daniel Franzese: Did Damian ever get his pink shirt back?Source:Getty 13 of 24
14. The actor recently penned a letter expressing how his "Mean Girls" character helped him come out of the closet.Source:Twitter 14 of 24
15. Rachel McAdams: The queen of the Plastics.Source:Getty 15 of 24
16. The actress won our hearts when she played Allie in the world-renowned chick-flick "The Notebook." She is also rumored to be on the next season of "True Detective."Source:Getty 16 of 24
17. Lacy Chabert: "No candy cane for you, Gretchen Wieners!"Source:Splash 17 of 24
18. After flying under the radar for a while, the actress resurfaced in "Christian Mingle," a movie about, well, Christian Mingle.18 of 24
19. Amanda Seyfried: Karen was the dumb blonde with psychic powers.19 of 24
20. The actress is now a mega-star. She's starred in box office hits such as "Les Miserables" and "Dear John."20 of 24
21. Jonathan Bennett: Aaron Samuels had Cady Heron swooning.21 of 24
22. Jonathan is now showing his moves on "Dancing With The Stars."Source:Splash 22 of 24
23. Amy Poehler and Tina Fey: The BFFs went on to write another hot comedy "Baby Mama" and have now hosted the Golden Globes two years in a row.23 of 24
24. They've won numerous awards and are still as funny and awesome as ever.24 of 24
“Help Me, I’m Poor:” The Best Life Advice We Got From The Movie “Bridesmaids” was originally published on globalgrind.com