Chad Ochocinco has had a lot of ups and downs over the past few years.
The former NFL star is not only known for his humor, but for his many kids and baby mamas. As Chad was leaving his son’s middle school graduation in California, he was confronted by his ex’s mother, who demanded the NFL star pay the $38,000 in child support he owes her.
In the video, the woman can be seen trying to serve Chad with court documents in which he’s accused of not paying the mother of his 14-year-old son the nearly $40K in back child support. But Chad says he’s not trying to screw anyone over, he simply can’t afford to make the high monthly payment that was established back when he had an NFL income.
He told TMZ, “I haven’t had an NFL paycheck since 2011.”
According to his ex, Chad was ordered to pay $6,000 per month in support plus another $1,000 per month to be contributed to the child’s college fund – but he hasn’t paid since December 2015.
Chad says he kept up with the payments for years after his NFL career was over, but his financial situation has changed. He told TMZ, “I have a nugget, but I have to make the cash last with all 6 kids for the next 18 years. We have to scale back.”
Ochocinco and his ex are due back in court on August 2nd. Check out the video of him being served above.
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: TMZ, Getty
Find Out The Child Support Payments Of Your Favorite Music Artists
1. The-Dream Pays Christina Milian $10K A Month For Their Daughter Violet.Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. Nas Was Initially Ordered To Pay Ex-Wife Kelis $51K/month In Child Support, But Got The Judgment Reduced To $25K.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. After Battling His Baby Mama In Court, Chris Brown Got An Unbelievably Low Child Support Judgment Of $2,500 A Month.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. Russell Simmons Pays $40K A Month For His Daughters Ming & Aoki Lee.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. 50 Cent Was Initially Ordered To Pay $25K/month For His Oldest Son, But It Was Subsequently Reduced To $6,700.Source:Splash News 5 of 13
6. French Montana Pays His Ex-Wife $7K A Month For His Son.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Diddy Pays $40K For His Sons Justin & Christian. There's Still No Word On What He Pays For His Twins Or His Daughter Chance.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Mel B. Receives A Whopping $60K A Month From Eddie Murphy For Their Daughter Angel.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. Stevie Wonder Pays $25K A Month For Two Of His Nine Kids.Source:Radio-One 9 of 13
10. Future Claims To Pay R&B Singer Ciara $15K A Month For Their 2-Year-Old Son "Baby Future."Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. Surprisingly, Shad "Bow Wow" Moss Only Pays $3K A Month For His Daughter Shai.Source:Splash News 11 of 13
12. Rock Legend Paul McCartney Pays His Ex-Wife, Heather Mills, A Whopping $70K A Month For Their Daughter.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Britney Spears Pays Ex-Hubby Kevin Federline $20K A Month For Their Two Boys.Source:Getty 13 of 13
Watch Chad Ochocinco Get Served With Child Support Docs At The Worst Time Ever was originally published on globalgrind.com