The 2016 MTV VMA Awards were held Sunday evening in New York City. All of your favorite stars were in attendance … stylishly. Whether you need a take on your little black dress or want to make a fashion statement entrance like Beyoncé, we have the top trends from the VMAs below.
LITTLE BLACK DRESS FABULOUSNESS
You can never go wrong with a little black dress. The LBD is the go-to for sleekness and chicness. Not only is it slimming, it’s also naturally sexy. Kim Kardashian debuted her weight loss (no more baby weight for her) in this vintage John Galliano long sleeve dress. Take your little black dress up a notch by playing with textures, cut-outs, fabrics, and more.
This asymmetrical, cut-out, side split Julien MacDonald frock is the perfect LBD for eye-catching style! This look is perfect for walking in the room and stating: “It’s *insert your name here*, bitch.” Let the dress make the statement for you (just like Britney Spears did)!
FUN WITH FRINGE
Fringe is fantastic! Singer Justine Skye brought the fashion fun to the MTV white carpet in this swinging colorful number!
You can do as much or as little as you desire. Fringe is can also be a great accent piece for your purse, shoes, and other accessories! If you are not into the all-over fringe, then you can wear pieces that use it as a statement on the hem of a dress or a detail on a garment.
Rihanna changed out of her dress into this green (her favorite color) fringe jumpsuit from The Dollhouse Fashion for a night of partying at Up&Down.
Bring on the ’70s in full swoosh swing!
I SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU
The see-through trend isn’t going away and it’s great to see how women are embracing it. Lingerie and swimsuit model Ashley Graham showed us her curvy goodness in a Naeem Khan-embellished, see-through gown. She wore full briefs and a full bra to show that even when it’s see-through, it also doesn’t have to be skimpy underneath.
Beyoncé also played with the see-through trend, adding a power shoulder and opting for an on-trend, summery, sea-foam green.
The see-through trend isn’t just for the ladies, and Jaden Smith illustrated this fact. Underneath his Undercover blazer, he placed a black see-through top with bubble white writing. The 18-year-old definitely made the statement that see-through is gender fluid.
Beauties, what trend will you be trying? Take our poll below!
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
TREND REPORT: Sashay Into Spring/Summer 2016 With Stripes, Sequins And More
1. #NOWTRENDING: Sensational Sequins!Source:Getty 1 of 24
2. Versace Haute Couture Spring Summer 2016Source:Getty 2 of 24
3. Selena Gomez at the 58th Annual Grammy AwardsSource:Getty 3 of 24
4. Russell Wilson and Ciara at the 58th Annual Grammy AwardsSource:Getty 4 of 24
5. Priyanka Chopra at the 2016 People's Choice AwardsSource:Peoples Choice 5 of 24
6. #NOWTRENDING: Bridal white!Source:Getty 6 of 24
7. Alexander McQueenSource:Getty 7 of 24
8. Taraji P. HensonSource:Getty 8 of 24
9. Akris Spring Summer 2016Source:Getty 9 of 24
10. Queen Latifah at the 2016 MTV Movie AwardsSource:Getty 10 of 24
11. Laverne Cox at the 2016 Golden Globe AwardsSource:Getty 11 of 24
12. Beyonce at the 58th Annual Grammy AwardsSource:Getty 12 of 24
13. #NOWTRENDING: Stylin' in stripes!Source:Getty 13 of 24
14. Martin Grant Spring Summer 2016Source:Getty 14 of 24
15. Jurnee Smollett-BellSource:Getty 15 of 24
16. Nene Leakes in Lela RoseSource:Getty 16 of 24
17. Beyonce at a Brooklyn Nets and the Los Angeles Clippers in FebruarySource:Getty 17 of 24
18. #NOWTRENDING: See-thru sexy!Source:Getty 18 of 24
19. Versace Spring Summer 2016Source:Getty 19 of 24
20. Kim Kardashian in Los Angeles, CA April 2016Source:Getty 20 of 24
21. #NOWTRENDING: Romantic and fleeting!Source:Getty 21 of 24
22. Versace Spring Summer 2016Source:Getty 22 of 24
23. Saint Laurent Spring Summer 2016Source:Getty 23 of 24
24. Celine Spring Summer 2016Source:Getty 24 of 24
TREND REPORT: Sexy Little Black Dresses, Sheer Style, & Statement Pieces was originally published on hellobeautiful.com